Archived Turning in the polo

Status
Not open for further replies.

carramrod

Campus PD
Hello all, I know that I haven't necessarily been the most active member of this forum, and I haven't been with Target for too very long, but I officially left the company, working my last shift a bit over a week ago. I didn't have any specific problems with Target, I enjoyed the AP world and I certainly saw a path towards an APS or APTL position for me in the future. However, I was frustrated with some parts of my job: the inability to make apprehensions, the increasing focus on non-AP duties, and the steadily decreasing hours for relatively low pay, so I sent out applications to test the waters. One of the places to which I applied was my former employer, a medium-size, family-owned grocery chain. I had worked there for three years before coming to Target to do AP, and had always appreciated the way they treated their employees and the general working atmosphere, something that I never quite felt at my Target. They called me for an interview, then a second interview, and the next thing I knew, I was being offered a position with a pay rate close to $17 an hour rather than the just over $11 an hour I was making at Target, plus full-time hours, great benefits, the opportunity for regular overtime, and very promising advancement prospects. So I turned in the blue security polo and made the jump over to plainclothes loss prevention, and so far I love it. I will say, that despite some of the BS I had to put up with as a TPS, Target taught me a lot that helped me excel in loss prevention, and I would not have been able to land my current job without me Target experience. Target gave me a chance when I walked through the door with no loss prevention experience, and gave me the training to be very successful, and for that I thank the company. Of course, I have to thank TBR too, as I have been a member here since orientation day, and its given me a good place to unwind after long shift as well as been a good resource when I have questions about the job. I plan to stick around even though I'm gone from Target, so don't think you're rid of me just yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back