Archived TWT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meli4Target

Executive Team Leader- Human Resources
Any other PTL's struggle this week with TWT!? I've been the POG/PRICING TL at my store for about 5 months now, and this was a rough week! Also do own SPL's and Softlines pogs & adjacencies yet? If so, how do you manage execution? This was the first week they gave me softlines pogs and VA's. They didn't give me SPL's yet..

We have two people plus the TL on our pog team. I'm scared when the day comes that they give us salesplanners.

We struggled this week. As of today we were only 80% I work this weekend and will try to get that freaking number up...it was a rough one! Next week we will own SLPs; I'm not looking forward to that! Softlines owns their VAs and POGs still.

Any other PTL's struggle this week with TWT!? I've been the POG/PRICING TL at my store for about 5 months now, and this was a rough week! Also do own SPL's and Softlines pogs & adjacencies yet? If so, how do you manage execution? This was the first week they gave me softlines pogs and VA's. They didn't give me SPL's yet..
I've had saleplaners for the past five years. I've always had table's. I picked up VAs last year with price change. Hours for SP, tables and VA are in sales floor you have to make sure you get the hours then schedule soft line team members to do them you over see. This week was a rough one I had two team members out . I left today at 86%. Next week another rough one.

Are you a SR TL? With all of that responsibility the position should be the highest paid in the store. My pog TL just got pricing a few months back and it seems like both teams can't finish. We were doing great previously. I can't imagine having basically the entire store.

My store's PTL doesn't do softlines stuff as far as I'm aware, and all TLs (I've even seen GSTLs doing this when it's slow) do salesplanners.

In my store PLANO SETS ALL PLANOS. Been that way for years. I'm used to it i'v had the same stl for 18 of my 28 years so I useuly get most of the hours I need. I am not a sr tl . i was ask several years ago adding lod to my list did not sound fun. Personally I think all ptls should be a higher level then other tl just because of the resonsabilty we have.

In my store PLANO SETS ALL PLANOS. Been that way for years. I'm used to it i'v had the same stl for 18 of my 28 years so I useuly get most of the hours I need. I am not a sr tl . i was ask several years ago adding lod to my list did not sound fun. Personally I think all ptls should be a higher level then other tl just because of the resonsabilty we have.

You mean it doesn't make sense that a TL responsible for everything in 175,000 sq feet and runs ~10 TMs should have the same level as a Target Cafe TL overseeing 200 sq feet of food and ~3-4 people.

Food service was a ETL position at my old store up til a few years ago. If your gonna give someone the entire store like that it should be paid accordingly.

@pptl28yrs what volume is your store if you don't mine me asking

Let's not start making comparisons about which TL has it harder. All positions have their pros and cons. No one job is easier than the other if you're doing your job right. We're all leaders and should be working as a team.

Was in my store recently and it looked like...well it looked like TWT would most definitely have been nowhere near 100%.

The allotted times for certain planos this week were a "little" off from previous years. That plus I don't think they factored in some of the fixture and signing changes. It was a trying week. I'm not a Ptl but I've been around for a while. Doesn't look like it's gonna get any better either.

Food service was a ETL position at my old store up til a few years ago. If your gonna give someone the entire store like that it should be paid accordingly.

@pptl28yrs what volume is your store if you don't mine me asking
Were a old great land over the past five years a new spot and a Walmart have taken us from a A to a B this is our first year at 4am stock we were overnight. We were a old gemco. We've been in this building about 12 years.

Let's not start making comparisons about which TL has it harder. All positions have their pros and cons. No one job is easier than the other if you're doing your job right. We're all leaders and should be working as a team.

Was in my store recently and it looked like...well it looked like TWT would most definitely have been nowhere near 100%.
I'm not bashing on any tl position. I'm just saying price and presentation is a big job. When Plano goes away for the Christmas seasons and I go on the sales floor it feels like a vacation.

It is a huge job, I'm not arguing that. I also mean no offense.

We just tend to have threads crop up here that are either entirely devoted to whose job is the hardest or that are completely unrelated to that topic, yet somehow devolve into an endless debate of who has it harder. Those threads are totally unproductive and utterly useless. We're all in the same boat. I just don't want to see another thread morph into a dick measuring contest.

Besides, I'm pretty sure we already have one of those going anyway.

We have two people plus the TL on our pog team. I'm scared when the day comes that they give us salesplanners.
Really? The POG team at my store has like 8 people including TL. There is never a week that we aren't 100% on TWT.

every store in my group is red or yellow for transitions set on time... and we dont even do sp's or VA's lol we didnt finish 14 HBA pogs this week. how do I manage the pog and pricing team? i spend mondays making my plans and just wait for it all go to hell once my stl comes in

Really? The POG team at my store has like 8 people including TL. There is never a week that we aren't 100% on TWT.
We used to have 5 solid people plus the TL. One left and two moved on to TL positions in the store. Since then my store has struggled to hire and develop people to do pog. It's not something that people pick up quickly usually.

At my store we have: 2 full time pog, 2 part time pog, 1 ft pog and does pricing, a signing tm who also does revisions, and the team lead. Also a pricing team of 2 full time and one part time.

This week was pretty rough. We didn't get into intimates at all. Between 4x4's, cashier backups, and having to pull most of our own stuff most days, we are always behind.

I just have to get a new mindset going forward. Since no reason is ever good enough to not finish, just half ass it and tell them it's done. I mean, if it's noon, and I get stuck on the register for 30 minutes, how can you prepare for that? Or at 1 pm, the backroom says, oh, btw, we can't pull your pulls. So, just do it.

We've always done our own pulls and backstock. Backstock lately has been a issue though.

We left 7 Pog's and 1 revision not done this week. That shampoo aisle switch really screwed us. The hours on the adjacency calender were all screwed up but my STL doesn't want to hear that - just that we aren't working hard enough. Next week is going to suck even worse. Finish the 7 HBA pogs and do Cosmetics? Yeah, no problem. I don't have sales planners, VA's, or SL pog's yet, thank God.

Typically we have no issues getting to 100%, but they cut hours the last week of Feb to make payroll so we didnt finish that week, carried over to this week to finish and got to around 85%. Were going to 4am next week to try and catch up but its gonna take us a bit before we can get back to where we were. Now they are telling us to do our own backstock, weve already been doing our own pulls.

We left 7 Pog's and 1 revision not done this week. That shampoo aisle switch really screwed us. The hours on the adjacency calender were all screwed up but my STL doesn't want to hear that - just that we aren't working hard enough. Next week is going to suck even worse. Finish the 7 HBA pogs and do Cosmetics? Yeah, no problem. I don't have sales planners, VA's, or SL pog's yet, thank God.

I wonder sometimes if the ETLS or STL even know anything about certain workcenters or how long certain areas or certain processes take. I wish they would be more realistic about things at my store instead of just putting the blame on whatever team it is and that they just dont work hard enough or need to work faster all the while giving less hours than EVER before, while having less TMs on the floor leading to more backup and more help out of the floor reducing even more time spent on the actual workcenter whether that be Plano, Flow, C+S push etc.

Right now i feel like Backroom and Flow are being babied and nothing they do will ever be wrong and if they are behind they always get the help they need, no matter how much it screws other workcenters and then those other workcenters get the blame when things arent right. Im sure they get told the same things to go faster and blah blah blah but when push comes to shove they ACTUALLY GET HELP and usually the work always gets done regardless of how "slow or fast" they work. They actually took most of instocks hours and put it towards flow and backroom last week. I spent several hours backstocking in the freezers/coolers because otherwise we would have no room for C+S.

As for the plano side of things, mine does all the salesplans but sometimes needs help. This week alot of the ETLS/Tls helped set a decent ammount and I set 6 or so salesplans in market. Next week i am finishing up the 3 I couldnt get done(dairy endcap coolers), and then doing 4 wine/alcohol endcaps

Last edited:
My team and I managed 85%, HBA is set but there's still pull/push to complete. There's like 3 intimates pogs we didn't do, around 10 revisions, and maybe 10-12 salesplanners (plus the RTW and Sleepwear adjacencies aren't done). My team owns everything (pogs, revisions, salesplanners, adjacencies).

At my store I am the Salesfloor tl. We take care of all soft lines work and sales planners for hardlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back