Archived TWT completion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meli4Target

Executive Team Leader- Human Resources
SOOOOOOOOO.... The Pricing & Presentation TL just walked out and quit last thursday.. left with out saying anything to anybody. STL is now considering me to switch over to Pog & Pricing especially right now with all the major transitions coming soon. Feeling overwhelmed!!! My store is behind on TWT by 3 weeks now, its hard to stay a float. any advice our there on how to get twt close to 100% last week we ended at 62%.

Tie everything and walk away.

Really, you're going to need support from the entire store. TLs/ETLs will need to help you out either setting transitions/revisions in their own areas or knocking out one of the major transitions themselves. Possibly going overnight for a few days to get caught up. Support help from other stores. You're going to need help. I would start with the earliest week that isn't set and then move onto the next week until you're caught up. It's going to take a lot of work, but you just need to keep plugging away at it.

thanks sigma, you always know what to say. being a newer TL has def been challenging and now this being thrown on my plate is like overload!! haha but i think you are right about the TL's jumping into their workcenter. my STL said support help is out of the question. the overnight thing might do it. I def want to be caught up before we switch over to toy team.

I'm glad to offer help. Maybe see if you can get help during morning huddles with fill. Or bringing in some flow TMs on non truck days to push what your team is setting. It kind of all depends on the hours situation. If you're kind of given free reign with hours to get it done, I would offer hours to anyone who knows how to set (and actually does a good job of it) and any fast flow team members. I can only imagine the state of your Backroom if your store is three weeks behind. This week and the next few are really big...but you've definitely got this!

Last edited:
One big piece of advice I can give you if you're in the position where there are no hours or people to get it done - focus on getting the transitions and the permanent endcaps set. Everything else that is salesplanners, etc... - don't bother especially if you are that behind. The only negative to that is that it will show up on the salesfloor ties report as having no ties past X date.

One big piece of advice I can give you if you're in the position where there are no hours or people to get it done - focus on getting the transitions and the permanent endcaps set. Everything else that is salesplanners, etc... - don't bother especially if you are that behind. The only negative to that is that it will show up on the salesfloor ties report as having no ties past X date.

I would recommend getting the revisions done too, otherwise you'll have product sitting in the backroom too.

Definitely recruit anyone and everyone that knows POG to set, set, set. (TLs, PAs, ETLs, former pog TMs working in other areas now). It's helpful to have pullers (backroom TMs, cross trained flow/Salesfloor TMs) to pull and stage the batches and then flow TMs work the pulls as the main setting team moves from area to area. The downside is empty areas as you're waiting for product but you have to weigh getting the work done versus empty shelves for an hour or two.
And make a plan, get the support of your entire ETL team and TL team to stay on track and get caught up.

Yup, its official guys! my STL pulled me and told me I will be the new Pricing & Presentation TL starting today hahaha. I love setting planograms and I enjoy the hardwork, but now Im basically up shits creek because the last TL didn't communicate how far behind she was. Right now I have the team focusing on this week's workload to stay a float. we just finished the mmb transition today and tomorrow will be automotive, home goods, and stationary!

Yup, its official guys! my STL pulled me and told me I will be the new Pricing & Presentation TL starting today hahaha. I love setting planograms and I enjoy the hardwork, but now Im basically up shits creek because the last TL didn't communicate how far behind she was. Right now I have the team focusing on this week's workload to stay a float. we just finished the mmb transition today and tomorrow will be automotive, home goods, and stationary!

Congratulations and .... I'm sorry?

nothing to be sorry about commie, it is what it is. I have all the team leaders on board and they are setting old pogs and revisions that are past due in their workcenters so im hoping that helps out a lot. I get to go for training next week!

It is actually a bonus that it happened at this time of year. There are only 3 more weeks of new POGs until January so you will have plenty of time to catch up on anything missed and do followups / audits.

As the others said the biggest thing you can do is partner with the other TLs and ETLs and let them know what needs to be done, and give them a nice detailed list of how they can help.

Once you get everything tied then you should pull up the Sales Floor Location Accuracy report and find any POGs that have either come untied or are double tied. I recommend making a list of SPL issues and getting with the leader over each department to see if they can research what reason if any they are not tied. Ask your ETl/STL for time to walk the entirety of the Sales Floor Tie report, audit every aisle for accurate ties (ex: is there an old POG still tied on A16, when the new one is now tied to A18... why is there no SPL tied to F8(0)... double check all sidecaps that are up are actually tied, if not then pull them down and stock product to home, etc).

It is actually a bonus that it happened at this time of year. There are only 3 more weeks of new POGs until January so you will have plenty of time to catch up on anything missed and do followups / audits.

As the others said the biggest thing you can do is partner with the other TLs and ETLs and let them know what needs to be done, and give them a nice detailed list of how they can help.

Once you get everything tied then you should pull up the Sales Floor Location Accuracy report and find any POGs that have either come untied or are double tied. I recommend making a list of SPL issues and getting with the leader over each department to see if they can research what reason if any they are not tied. Ask your ETl/STL for time to walk the entirety of the Sales Floor Tie report, audit every aisle for accurate ties (ex: is there an old POG still tied on A16, when the new one is now tied to A18... why is there no SPL tied to F8(0)... double check all sidecaps that are up are actually tied, if not then pull them down and stock product to home, etc).

As much as I wish I could view this time of year as the end for pogs I know its not because I also own salesplanners and visual adjacencies, so I know my POG team definitely has work to put in during the next two months. :(

@InStocksQueen are you going to own the salesplanner and Softlines (adjacencies and pogs) part of POG too?

@salesfloor10

Technically, best practice is that pog owns sales planners across the site and the gondolas in softlines and (not 100% on this one) softlines owns adjacencies. My store has sales floor tls own slps within their departments, without cutting pog hours. This is because whoever does Plano on the corporate level is a moron who can't figure out that you can't do eight hours of pogs with four hours of payroll, so we all pitch in so they can stay current.

Best practice in the past has been that the Presentation TL owns all planogrammed, revisions, salesplanners, and visual adjacencies. They were to delegate salesplanners and soft lines adjacencies to hardlines and softlines TLs. The adjacency calendar accounted for this separation. Everything POG was responsible was ahove the line. Everything for sales floor was below the line. Max allocated hours to POG and sales floor based on the subtotals of hours on the adjacency calendar.

At some point by September of this year, store presentation teams were to take ownership of all pogs, revisions, salesplanners, and visual adjacencies. This would allow sales floor teams to own guest service, zoning, 4x4, and the stray/go back/returns processes.

I know this hasn't happened in my store, and I would bet a month's pay that this transition hasn't happened a majority of stores. And honestly, I'm not sure how the hours are allocated anymore. The adjacency calendar hasn't changed and myTime does whatever it does...so no clue how HQ is actually allocating hours and presentation workload these days.

Best practice in the past has been that the Presentation TL owns all planogrammed, revisions, salesplanners, and visual adjacencies. They were to delegate salesplanners and soft lines adjacencies to hardlines and softlines TLs. The adjacency calendar accounted for this separation. Everything POG was responsible was ahove the line. Everything for sales floor was below the line. Max allocated hours to POG and sales floor based on the subtotals of hours on the adjacency calendar.

At some point by September of this year, store presentation teams were to take ownership of all pogs, revisions, salesplanners, and visual adjacencies. This would allow sales floor teams to own guest service, zoning, 4x4, and the stray/go back/returns processes.

I know this hasn't happened in my store, and I would bet a month's pay that this transition hasn't happened a majority of stores. And honestly, I'm not sure how the hours are allocated anymore. The adjacency calendar hasn't changed and myTime does whatever it does...so no clue how HQ is actually allocating hours and presentation workload these days.
Thanks for the correction on best practice. TLs at my store have always owned their slps without any help or interaction from pog, and I don't believe any store in my district has pog actually own the entire SLP process. From what I can tell in mytime, they gained a small handful of hours and salesfloor actually lost hours because of the SLP changes.

This is why I started drowning in pfresh, as I gained two departments worth of planners, in addition to dry market, pfresh, chemicals and pets, without gaining any additional hours to complete the new workload.

Hey guys!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!! I feel good going forward with this position doing pricing & pog is something I love doing! so a little bit about my store.
Before the previous PTL stopped showing up they had 2 team members quit.. right now I have 4 solid pog team members and 1 that says she strictly does mmb.. but she wants 40 hours to do mmb??? im confused on that one.. at my other store the mmb person only had 2 days.. IF i can cut down that person to just 2 days that would help. So I'm still in need of maybe 2 team members to be fully staffed.

Right now at my store I am owning planograms & revisions. SPL'S and softlines adjacencies.. along with softlines pogs with the exception of baby hardlines is done by the sotflines team/softlines team leader. Going forward though my HR ETL said we will be owning everything but we are no where ready to take on that task yet.

couple questions though, hopefully all you experienced pog tl's and tm's can help me out!!

-Pre-tie: I know thats done every monday, is there a cut off time of when it has to be done? Also if I don't have that yellow prototype map to pre-tie how should i go about doing it?

-label strips- previous PTL had all label strips layed out on desk and broken down by revisions/pogs due this week & then past due section. At my old store they just kept them in the box underneath the desk. which works out better??

-Planograms! I have a huge ass stack of unstappled planograms that i need to go through!!! any advice on how to be quick and effiecent about it??? So i just basically go through it and staple the according planogram together. I know at my other store they labled the aisle number and section it went in. is there a faster way to do that besides looking at the yellow map!?!?!

Help please!

Also two weeks out for trim-a-tree set I was given 250 hours for that week, does that sound pretty standard?? I used all my hours

one last question- promise! :) Can you tell me whats due next week for the 10/26 workload.. i only was able to plan out this week havent planned out next week. can you tell me whats transitiong/due next week. what do you have your pog team working on next week?

thanks guys! i know its a lot :)

MMB should be done in ~5-10 hours imo unless they are pulling their own batches. We only schedule 1 shift a week for TnT at my store and they normally leave early.

Pre-Ties: setup a quick link on the main page of workbench that will give you a list of which departments are supposed to be pre-tied on which date, pre-ties are to be done by 5pm. If you are missing your Adjacency send a MySupport up under the Sales Floor -> Presentation -> missing adjacency option and just ask for the department you need, they will most likely respond with a PDF copy within 24 hours. So it's a good idea to make sure your adjacency is handy a couple days early before pre-ties are due.

Label Strips: I keep all of the label strips on 4 separate shelves 1) current transition, 2) Current Revisions, 3) Future Transitions, 4) Future Revisions. Keeping them in the box makes things a bit more difficult especially lately when they will be sending strips late for POGs due in the current week.

Stapling: An electric stapler is your friend, they can be purchased from the office max punchout for $10 if you don't already have one, you will also want a heavy duty stapler for POGs bigger than ~20-25 pages. I staple all SPLs for each department together (i.e. all D119s, D115s, D171s each get their own staple), then staple each individual POG and REV (I just toss MMB revisions since shelving very rarely changes).

10/26 workload includes off the top of my head:
Smith & Hawken, Decor Central, D2 Trend Run, Tabletop Trend Run, Home Trend Run, Sporting Goods Fitness aisles, some Shoes, Scrapbooking, Photo Albums, Boys / Girls Bedding, Costmetic Bags, Fragrance, Hair Accessories, Checklane Essentials, Checklane Gum/Mints, Battery Outposts, a MASSIVE number of revisions. (probably missing a couple POGs, but that is the majority)

I've owned VAs, SPLs, and all softlines POGs since I stepped into role in June. (I'm also at a store with 1 Salesfloor TL since May, and even before that salesplanners and Softlines pogs were still the POG team's responsibility).

My current STL allocates all the hours POG needs in my time, and the previous one did too. There's times where we don't all the hours we need, but both STLs I've had change the POG hours allocation to meet our store's needs.

@InStocksQueen

1. Pre-ties need to be completed by 5pm central time (I think, the pre tie schedule says on it). I print the adjacency calendar for the week I'm doing the pre-ties for, write the location next to the POG title (while referencing the adjacencies) and highlight them after I've pre-tied them. I use online Plano to pre tie, even though you can use the PDA.
2. I fold and rubberband the label strips. I have a shelf for Hardlines POG strips, one for revisions, one for softlines, and one for entertainment.
3. There's not a faster way I know of to map and organize the paper planograms. I reference the adjacency calendar from when I did the pre-ties if it was a department that was pre-tied.
4. I got 380 hours for the week of 11/2 (trim a tree, etc), and I couldn't even schedule all those hours. I need more people who know how to set in my store.
5. Next week there's a ton of salesplanners, kids bedding, and I can't remember what else. Add Adjacency Calendar to your workbench quick links. It will be your best friend.

Feel free to pm me, I'm semi-new to POG and have a lot to learn but I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Have you had a chance to sit down with your signing ninja?
They often know a lot about the flow of how things have been going and what is down or missing.
The more the two of you can keep a things going smoothly the better especially now.

The company also wants trim a tree set in 48 hours, and 11/5 is the deadline. hopefully we blow out of all Halloween by the 2nd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back