Archived U.S. retailers hope higher pay will buy more efficient workers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from the article: "But over the past year, [Hoffman] said, managers raised quotas and shortened the time available to do tasks. And there was an added pressure, too: Management, Hoffman said, told workers they had to 'beat Amazon.' 'You guys don’t want to become like Kmart,' his bosses would say. Hoffman quit his job five months ago to take an apprenticeship at an electrical company, installing equipment, that pays about $10.50 per hour. 'The stress is gone,' Hoffman said."

This part of the article is particularly relatable. Too much to do in too little time. Less stress after leaving.

Incentivize me to work harder.
smart-ways-to-spend-1K-373x261.jpg

jesus why everything corporate makes or does look so cringy and fake

I've seen and heard so many from corporate in my store over the last year I can say with full certainty: their fakeness is so fake it is authentically fake.

And it probably took them a good half hour to discuss/decide on the perfect angle for that shot, not realizing air pillows is not a 2 person job. That's not an efficient demonstration of payroll use!

The mistake Target made with the whole $15 per hour is that $15 an hour is a lot of money in certain parts of this country and other parts it is not. Basing this on the cost of living for the area might have been more practical.

To be fair I used to work in a Seattle and Target is starting folks there at almost 16 an hour for entry level job.

Problem at such stores is you have sixteen year old cart attendants making the same as a 20 year Plano veteran

Seasonal employees disprove this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back