Ulta Beauty will be opening mini-stores within Target stores

I was at another Target and noticed the barrier screens in the women's section right near beauty....big orange slats in the ceiling and new "walls". Is this the Ulta store? Orange?

Why is being backstocked? With the remodel beauty now longer gets backstock in the back it all goes in the drawers on the floor.
There wasn't enough space at either store I've worked at to backstock all of Core Beauty (what Beauty is called now to distinguish it from Ulta Beauty) in the Beauty Blowout fixtures, so we backstocked the brands that were Beauty Blowout in the drawers and the Transcend brands in the backroom. But they've completely gotten rid of all of our Beauty Blowout fixtures and it's all Transcend now, so it all gets backstocked in the backroom. When Ulta is built, their basedecks will be drawers and they'll backstock all of their cosmetics on the floor and all of their skincare in the backroom (or at least that's what the latest communication said, TBD). But it's not ready yet so everything Ulta we get is getting backstocked in the backroom for the moment. Complete waste of time because so much of it will be pulled to go on the floor, and all the cosmetics left will move to be backstocked on the floor.

Mountains of price change for the past month as Target consolidates our cosmetics to make space and gets rid of like 1/3rd of the department, particularly the darker shades of face products so we'll have less diverse options, everything moving around halfway across the store to Girls and then somewhere new every day, putting things on racks out of order or without shelf labels, the lack of communication, leaving things tied that don't exist anymore, tying things they haven't built yet and messing up my 141s, having people set Transcend who don't know how/aren't cleaning as they go... that all I expect, but the stuff that's really driving me nuts is that they're having us backstock all the Ulta freight that's coming in when it's all gonna come back out anyway when they set - we've run out of wacos - and at first it came in those charcoal repacks, tons of stuff thrown in, boxes of expensive product getting dented. I get why we're backstocking it, but our backroom is hot and humid and I'm back there for full eight hour shifts for days on end. And the real kicker - the Ulta fixtures are going to have basedecks that are drawers so they can backstock cosmetics out on the floor, but the "Core Beauty" side just gets regular basedecks. We used to backstock as much as we could in the drawers under the Blowout 2.0 fixtures. But nope, now we have to cram all of it into the little backroom space we have, when we COULD have the same basedecks, but nooo, that would be too convenient.

edit: I should add, we don't have a Beauty TL, only a SS ETL who has only lately begun to communicate with us, so we only know some things because I went on workbench and read up on everything. OH, and they're hiring new people for Beauty, and they claim they're for Ulta, but one is a student who is only here for the summer, and it's been so difficult trying to train the other two while there's so much to do and everything is in chaos. They'd schedule me with a girl to train and then tell me to go backstock Ulta for my whole shift. Ugggh. I know most of this is my store specifically sucking, it's the backstocking when we could just be staging the product somewhere (I know, Target wants to know we have it and keep track of it) and the basedeck thing that I'm mad at Target corporate for.

ugh, that sounds awful! We don't have a beauty TL or a SS TL so I'm sure it'd be a shit-show for us as well. I hope it gets better soon for you! I'd definitely be pulling my hair out. If we end up getting one I'll probably be coming back to you for tips on how you survived. 😅

Back