Archived underperformers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if this is all in my head, but I thought that it was part of targets brand to coach and correct under performers who are not reaching targeted goals, weather it be red cards or push goal time. Now I understand that there are times when things go slower, especially in logistics, but what happens if it is obvious that a person is intentionally under performing to gain more hours, at the detriment of the team? There is such a person or persons at my store and the issue has been brought up multiple times, by multiple people, sometimes not even on logistics. The common retort has been, bluntly to mind our business.

Its is obvious to everyone that this person is exempt from working at the same capacity has everyone else, and even has gotten some outrageous compensation as far as wages and reviews, and is considered a top performer. this person is never but out in the wave, and actually never gets out of the same two aisles and requires much help to finish even on the smallest truck day. The ETL Log has been told, yet does nothing. Is it our place as a team to push the issue, or trust that it is been handled? As a note this person is neither physically nor mentally handicapped, therefore that is not a valid issue.

If your leadership is doing something about it they are not going to tell you or the team. This is where things get tricky as you should never be aware when someone is being coached/written up for something. So it could appear nothing is happening. Performanced based terminations take alot of proper documentation and it is not a fast process. That being said, it could be that they are doing nothing about it. Its hard to say.

As I have seen in logistics, as long as you're at least...alive, the ETL-LOG sees "poor peformers" as at the very least, another body thats doing something. If someone sucks at pulling/backstocking/or whatever in logistics, the ETL-LOG will stick them on the Flow team, let them work just 4am-8am on truck days, and forget about them, until they quit or do enough really stupid things to get themselves fired.

As I have seen in logistics, as long as you're at least...alive, the ETL-LOG sees "poor peformers" as at the very least, another body thats doing something. If someone sucks at pulling/backstocking/or whatever in logistics, the ETL-LOG will stick them on the Flow team, let them work just 4am-8am on truck days, and forget about them, until they quit or do enough really stupid things to get themselves fired.

thats exactly what we do, if they suck we just keep shuffling em around till they either quit or can manage some task that requires the skill of a monkey with one arm

Logic of the Execs seems to jump from store to store while avoiding others.

At one of my stores, the execs terminated two CAs...one for goofying off and not getting work done. He would ride the stand-behind cart pusher. The other was terminated for crashing the cart pusher into the automatic doors, and going into the backroom and making calls to his girlfriend while on the clock.

But a couple of my fellow team members and I made numerous observations and accounts about poor performing TMs in our area. Not getting work done. Missing deadlines. Leaving the work area a mess. Leaving more work for other TMs to do.

Yet the Execs wouldn't follow up on it. I can only think it was because the TM was the daughter to Clerical and sister to a GSA.

reminds me of this Team Lead that would disapear at night during the zone(even the LOD would even be asking us if we knew where the TL was or when we saw the TL last.) and then come back from where ever they were between 9:30 and 10pm and ask for a "favor" which would be to set their(trying to avoid mentioning gender ) endcaps that the TL should have done when they came in. Now I know stuff happens and you can' t get it done when you should have done it but this was almost every other time I worked with the TL. The TL would also make me and this other TL do their push during dayshifts while the TL would only do about 5-10% of it. If we never got a new Hardlines ETL I think we would still be dealing with this TL because every other ETL seemed to be oblivious or careless about this TL's slacker behavior.

Last edited:
If your leadership is doing something about it they are not going to tell you or the team. This is where things get tricky as you should never be aware when someone is being coached/written up for something. So it could appear nothing is happening. Performanced based terminations take alot of proper documentation and it is not a fast process. That being said, it could be that they are doing nothing about it. Its hard to say.

/this

It puts the lead in a difficult position as well and they can be just as frustrated if they are trying to fix the issue, because it can take a long time to move an underperformer out. The whole time you've got an entire team complaining about this one person and all you can say is..nothing.
And like RedDog said, if they aren't doing anything, there is no way of knowing that either, which is just as frustrating. All that to say...I feel your pain!

Of course there's the other option that they do in our store which is to move the underperformers to plano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back