Archived Underperforming TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi team, I have a TM that is a constant loafer and who periodically disappears from the work center for large amounts of time. This happens a lot when I'm off and the entire team have complained about this person to me stating this TM's unwillingness to work and cooperate. As the TL, what else can I do to put an end to this. I've already had a serious talk with this TM regarding performance and attendance, but the loafing and bad attitude is what has gotten out of hand. I'm a fairly new TL so I need advice from experienced leaders. What can I do about this situation that is within legal and Target policy?

Can you schedule him only on days that you are working?
Spend a couple of weeks riding his ass until he gets the message or breaks.
It sucks that you have go this route but the moral situation is going to get rally bad if you don't appear to be doing something.
If they see you sitting on the guy and not letting him get away with anything, their attitudes will improve.

Did you have a TL mentor?
If so, seek them out for advice or talk to your FATL or ETL-HR.
You need to outline your expectations of their performance, pointing what they're currently doing that's NOT acceptable.
Back that with Commie's suggestion of scheduling them during your shifts so you can ride herd hard.
If they don't show improvement within the week, you'll want to start formal documented coachings.
Since this one seems to be the weak link, they may have to see how hard you come down to take you seriously.
As Commie said, your team is going to see if you tolerate this & how you handle it.

Its very rare when this TM isn't schedule when I am but they seem to do these type of thing a when I'm not there.

Just wait. They will eventually leave...

I don't want to wait for them to leave, I want to know what I can do to correct this because it's affecting the team and the productivity of the department.

How about taking some TL partnerships, @CoquiAzul ? A major problem I had when I was a SBTL is that I had a couple of loafers who inly showed their true colors when I wasn't around. Problem is, we could barely work together, due to their availabilities. So, I took on some peer partners in other TLs. My peers would coach them, then I would follow up with said TMs and let them know that this was unacceptable.

As you guys know. We have absolutely no payroll in which to get our stuff done. And, you cannot afford to keep someone on your team that will not be productive. Hope this helps! :)

we have 1 br tm who constantly does nothing and spends hours chasing another female tm around the store, the ETL's are aware of this and do nothing. I believe there is nothing we can do as TMs, just have to ignore it and do our jobs to the best ability we can to cover those lazy fucks !

Pdd him. I have 2 TMS on cca for loafing. I can't remember the exact wording but it's taken directly from core roles. Impact on morale and having to adjust workload to other tms to complete it. Action items, state core role, inform tl when needing to step off stage, being unable to complete a task..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back