Archived Unhappy with workcenter... HR :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you do if you were unhappy with your workcenter but you happen to be in HR and u don't want to burn your bridges. You begged to be there because you thought the pay raise would help. But when u got there you realized that the few cent raise was way too small to put up with all of the stuff u deal with. You are afraid of being honest when people ask how do you like it. You just put on a smile and say good things about it. But secretly u walk away thinking about how much you hate it and want to walk out the door that very moment. VIBE! What would u do?

If you are under 90 days, don't do it. Hr is a good job starter for you. Looks good on a resume. Learn more about the job. 4 qtr is the roughest time for hr.
target Annie, I need some help here. She is our in house hr queen.:king:

While I haven't worked in HR I do have experience with ultimately hating a work center I voluntarily moved to. I was able to leave but it took time and I paid a price for it, but the consequences were only temporary and it was worth the trouble in the long run. I'll be happy to share my approach with you if you are truly sure you want out of HR. Having said that, I think HLM brings up some excellent points and I think you should consider his advice. How long have you been in HR? I find it hard to judge whether I like something or not when I'm new at it. When even simple things aren't on autopilot yet, everything feels stressful and overwhelming.

HR is definitely a huge pain in the ass, I feel you there! HOWEVER, HR is a wonderful position in the building and it makes you look fantastic, as long as you're doing OK at it. If you're new, you'll feel much better once you get into the groove. I've done pretty much everything there is to do in Target, and HR is my newest adventure. It's one of my favorite things to do in the building now. Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try my best to help you!

What would you do if you were unhappy with your workcenter but you happen to be in HR and u don't want to burn your bridges. You begged to be there because you thought the pay raise would help. But when u got there you realized that the few cent raise was way too small to put up with all of the stuff u deal with. You are afraid of being honest when people ask how do you like it. You just put on a smile and say good things about it. But secretly u walk away thinking about how much you hate it and want to walk out the door that very moment. VIBE! What would u do?

how long have you been with it?
4th quarter is the roughest, but right after, there is more to do and you get the added challenge of having only a few hours to get it done.

As much as it sounds like I am complaining, I really love the challenge. I love to make a difference for my team members, and they seek me
out for answers. I'd love to help you.

Please PM me for any specific questions I can help you with, or let me know on this thread.

I guess I'm going to hang in there until i get promoted to a TL. I was so pissed off when i wrote the post bc i just had the worst day EVER on BF. HR did so much for the TMs but all I heard was complaints on how we could've done better.

Some of the TMs are nice but there are so many super needy, super talkative and super annoying people that make it hard for me to get things done. I think HLM is right about this being the most challenging quarter and i just got brought on a few weeks ago.. I just don't know how long it's going to take for my patience for a promotion to wear off.. Ugh!

I guess I'm going to hang in there until i get promoted to a TL. I was so pissed off when i wrote the post bc i just had the worst day EVER on BF. HR did so much for the TMs but all I heard was complaints on how we could've done better.

Some of the TMs are nice but there are so many super needy, super talkative and super annoying people that make it hard for me to get things done. I think HLM is right about this being the most challenging quarter and i just got brought on a few weeks ago.. I just don't know how long it's going to take for my patience for a promotion to wear off.. Ugh!

You will be ok. Just wear your combat boots on a daily basis & remind the whiners that you have a job & a paycheck, some folks don't have either.

Some of the TMs are nice but there are so many super needy, super talkative and super annoying people that make it hard for me to get things done.

ok, here are some hints. The ones who ask how you are doing when they want to start a long conversation, let them know you are busy. The needy ones will be grateful when you can teach them how to find the answers for themselves. Those need to know the number for TMSC/HROC or HLCG. You can show them how to find answers on eHR, and hopefully they will be able to help others. Also, you can set up a time for several team members to meet you in your computer room to show them how to use eHR at the same time. Many of my team members are great at helping each other now. The super annoying (sorry everyone) you need to not make eye contact with if you are busy. I try to keep in mind that these team members are my guests, and I have to remain patient. But you aren't their parent or BFF, and you have a job to do too. I struggle with this too, I totally get it. I have several who think they should be able to plop in the TSC for their breaks. When they head in, I get up and move on to something else. They will get the hint, and if not you might have to let them know you are busy.

I hope this helps.

TMSC/HROC 1-800-394-1885 (a great place to start)
HLCG 1-800-828-5850 (benefits / retirement)

ok, here are some hints. The ones who ask how you are doing when they want to start a long conversation, let them know you are busy. The needy ones will be grateful when you can teach them how to find the answers for themselves. Those need to know the number for TMSC/HROC or HLCG. You can show them how to find answers on eHR, and hopefully they will be able to help others. Also, you can set up a time for several team members to meet you in your computer room to show them how to use eHR at the same time. Many of my team members are great at helping each other now. The super annoying (sorry everyone) you need to not make eye contact with if you are busy. I try to keep in mind that these team members are my guests, and I have to remain patient. But you aren't their parent or BFF, and you have a job to do too. I struggle with this too, I totally get it. I have several who think they should be able to plop in the TSC for their breaks. When they head in, I get up and move on to something else. They will get the hint, and if not you might have to let them know you are busy.

I hope this helps.

TMSC/HROC 1-800-394-1885 (a great place to start)
HLCG 1-800-828-5850 (benefits / retirement)

This is great! Thanks!

After I moved to FA, they decided to try me in Starbux. I'm still not crazy about it but that seems to be where they want me for now. :(

if you're having issues with people taking breaks at TSC get with your ETL or a TL and ask them to address this at huddle and post a sign at TSC saying that no one should be able to take breaks there. We don't allow this at my store anymore because it became a huge issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back