Archived Uniform not enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Net

Lost name tag, instantly asked by every single guest "do you work here?" Without exception, they stop, take a look at me, assume I work here and start to ask me a normal question... but something isn't quite right, so they need to make sure first. I didn't think it was that strange at first, but it has literally been everyone over the past two shifts.

I almost wonder if I could wear casual clothes instead of the red n' slacks, and get recognized more often as long as I wore the name tag.

I don’t even wear red and khaki, I’ll be on the wave inside the ceiling and guests still try to ask questions. They can just tell TMs by the way we move around the store.
I mean the wave would give it away for me.... same reason vendors get asked if they’re i
Work here all the tine

I don’t even wear red and khaki, I’ll be on the wave inside the ceiling and guests still try to ask questions. They can just tell TMs by the way we move around the store.
Lot of truth to this. I was shopping in a sister store wearing a white t shirt and ratty jeans, and I got stopped 3 times in ten minutes with questions

"Do you work here?" My favorite answer to this is always, "I sure hope so!" 🤣🤣🤣
My favorite answer is “Only sometimes 😉” of course then I ask how can I help 😁
Lot of truth to this. I was shopping in a sister store wearing a white t shirt and ratty jeans, and I got stopped 3 times in ten minutes with questions
I’ve gone shopping at a store not even in my district (however it’s the closest to where I live) and been dressed very much as a guest complete with all of my children and guests will still ask me where stuff is 😂
Like sure I’ll give them General vicinities if where stuff is but I don’t know the exact aisles 🤷‍♀️ Oh you need bug spray? There should be some by household cleaners and more over by camping supplies? You need cupcake liners? Those will be with the sprinkles over by cake mixes.

Some guest interactions are just fun and make for a great story 😁

You have the 'retail aura'.

I was at an event today put on by one of the vendors for my day job. They had t-shirts. I was inspecting the t-shirts and then, of course, folding up the ones I rejected and putting them back neatly. The lady manning the table expressed surprise that I'd folded them back up. Well, yeah. Retail does that to you.

Lost name tag, instantly asked by every single guest "do you work here?" Without exception, they stop, take a look at me, assume I work here and start to ask me a normal question... but something isn't quite right, so they need to make sure first. I didn't think it was that strange at first, but it has literally been everyone over the past two shifts.

I almost wonder if I could wear casual clothes instead of the red n' slacks, and get recognized more often as long as I wore the name tag.
I have left work for the day and made a quick stop at the dollar store across the parking lot and got asked *there* where something was. They looked at me funny when I didn't answer right away.

Yeah, I get that at a lot of stores. I think something in our demeanor changes once we've worked retail long enough.

Even when I wear a shirt with Target branding, a name tag, and a zebra and walkie on my belt, I still get "dO yOu WoRk HeRe?"

mocking_spongebob.jpg

I wore a red shirt and the black aprons that have the logo and say Beauty and still got asked if I worked there

I don't mind people asking if I work here, when I'm wearing all the implements. That's polite. I'd be a bit more irked being out at some random store and being asked the same.

As for Target, I feel like if you wear a red shirt & khakis you've earned the assumption that you work there (seriously, I can't believe that people still wear khakis, let alone with red shirts, to Target). Even if I were just wearing a red shirt I wouldn't be too surprised. Hell, I got asked questions before I started working here, because I...shopped here a lot and, well, clearly I knew stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back