Archived Unimportant Question (ad expirations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm curious.... Anyone know why the the ad take-down dates are sometimes in color?

For instance, while taking down the 10/13 ads tonight I noticed most of them had a red background for the tiny square with the date... most, but definitely not all.

Does the color signify anything..??

There was a note about it 2 weeks ago with signing ad prep package. I like because you can see the dates batter.

The red boxes with the date are to make it easier and faster for ad take down. On Saturday night all TMs have to do is see the red box and take it down without bothering to look at the date. However, they still have to slow down and look at the dates on the signs without the red box. These are ones who ads span more than one week, or were corrections or additions made on the store's printer. Green boxes with dates are for off-process take downs, meaning the signs get taken down on any day but Saturday night. They are ususlly used for special promotions around holidays (think Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day) but are also used for special promotions the rest of the year (special Cartwheel offers, etc.).

Now, if we could only get our TMs who post the signs to stick them on the correct item in the aisle.

Any idea why 10/13 got a color but not other weeks... was it a particularly large number of ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back