Unionize!

thats illegal per the labor act.
plumbing issues, remodel, structural deficiencies that need correcting, no longer profitable location. there are many many different "legal" ways to bust a union. then there are the not so legal but more effective ways.

Bad management destroys people's lives, futures, and morals.
Bad unions destroy an entire company.

Neither is good. Personally I think promoting from within is a refreshing middle ground, but Target hasn't done that for many years, and people don't forget how they were abused by the company behind closed doors. Have also seen these promotions turning into cliques of friends, either historically or in secret, and it's not fun when you can get bullied at any time by a group of people who all automatically agree with each other, and always have an alibi. My opinion - Target makes it known that you mean nothing to the company. Says nice things, actions speak otherwise. People might care on a one on one basis, but that means nothing when someone has it out for you, and knows how the system works where you don't.

I'd like for people to just respect one another, as members of the same team regardless of position. I think it's up to all of us to try to make that happen.

Last edited:
How to tell the difference between a scientist and a plumber - have them pronounce "unionize."

Seriously, I think just about everywhere should have a union and I don't think it's ever going to happen. What made unions so strong in the first place were their leaders - old fashioned capitalists who saw that the stronger the union, the more wealth and power for them. So who cares about little things like legalities when it comes to making a business submit. We don't have that any more, so unions can't be as every bit as sleazy as the businesses, and thus the fangs have been pulled. And businesses are buying off the regulators, buying off the politicians and anyone else needed to ignore their barely legal or flat out illegal doings that are stripping more and more workers' rights away.
The issue is centralization. Big government and big government working together have made our lives a misery. A union won't do shit for that. In reality we should have private estates instead of countries.

Back