Archived unique store lingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PugMuffin

Ex Captain of the Electronics Boat
My store has a lot of nick names that we came up with for things and TMs. For example: we call web apps "toon apps" or "disney apps," we call the electronics TMs "ship captains" (because we're in charge of the electronics boat), we use "code pink" for attractive girl sightings in the store, "infernos" are zones that need to be picked up badly, and G block (grocery at my store) is called "The Jizzle" for some reason. We also like to say that "RTW" stands for "Ready to be Wrecked." Those are some examples off the top of my head. I'll post more as I think of them. Support help from other stores get confused often when they come over because of this. I think it's hilarious. I'm just curious if other stores have their own language for things too.

Last edited:
My store has a lot of nick names that we came up with for things and TMs. For example: we call web apps "toon apps" or "disney apps," we call the electronics TMs "ship captains" (because we're're in charge of the electronics boat), we use "code pink" for attractive girl sightings in the store, "infernos" are zones that need to be picked up badly, and G block (grocery at my store) is called "The Jizzle" for some reason. We also like to say that "RTW" stands for "Ready to be Wrecked." Those are some examples off the top of my head. I'll post more as I think of them. Support help from other stores get confused often when they come over because of this. I think it's hilarious. I'm just curious if other stores have their own language for things too.

Sorry to derail, but this is really, really rude and unacceptable. Not to mention sexist as hell. You could get all kinds of sued if a guest heard this over a walkie and knew what you were talking about. And you (Target, not YOU, PugMuffin- you know what I mean) would deserve it.

My store has a lot of nick names that we came up with for things and TMs. For example: we call web apps "toon apps" or "disney apps," we call the electronics TMs "ship captains" (because we're're in charge of the electronics boat), we use "code pink" for attractive girl sightings in the store, "infernos" are zones that need to be picked up badly, and G block (grocery at my store) is called "The Jizzle" for some reason. We also like to say that "RTW" stands for "Ready to be Wrecked." Those are some examples off the top of my head. I'll post more as I think of them. Support help from other stores get confused often when they come over because of this. I think it's hilarious. I'm just curious if other stores have their own language for things too.

Sorry to derail, but this is really, really rude and unacceptable. Not to mention sexist as hell. You could get all kinds of sued if a guest heard this over a walkie and knew what you were talking about. And you (Target, not YOU, PugMuffin- you know what I mean) would deserve it.
Most of us realize that, so we don't use it. I'm not saying it's acceptable, I mentioned it because it's just something a few of the TMs at my store say. One of the TLs brought this from another retail chain he used to work at. He and most of presentation team use it. They don't say it over the walkie.

I agree that it is unacceptable in the workplace, however I wouldn't go so far as to call it sexist. If you are attracted to a woman and you and a fellow team member have a mutual recognition of said woman, you are free to realize that, however doing so over the walkies would not be ok. I know
code pink is pushing it, but its not sexist, its just code lingo so guests don't get offended.

I've heard much more sexual, explicit things being said at my store, and female team members have been involved, and not offended. I'm glad the female team members in my store have a sense of humor and humility. I can handle jokes, snaps, remarks, and all that jazz, as long as everyone is still getting their work done, and not in front of guests.

Target would deserved to get sued because some TM's find a girl attractive? Yeah ok

We call the Stacker the "Crown"

We've called ready to wear "ready to be wrecked" as well. The electronics boat tends to be called "the failboat" by certain TMs.

Always done in-person though, ETLs don't appreciate shenanigans over the walkie.

Last edited:
We've called ready to wear "ready to be wrecked" as well. The electronics boat tends to be called "the failboat" by certain TMs.

Always done in-person though, ETLs don't appreciate shenanigans over the walkie.
A couple of ETLs at my store are cool and enjoy shennanigans, but most of the time we use our terms in person as well. Why "the failboat?"
(like the Umbreon avatar by the way)

Target would deserved to get sued because some TM's find a girl attractive? Yeah ok

Here's another way to put it. Target could get sued because a team member called over a group of people to gawk at a customer's body. This harassing behavior caused the customer extreme emotional distress and she felt unsafe in that environment.

It's sexual harassment. Nobody should have to experience sexual harassment.

Jill of All Trades said:
his harassing behavior caused the customer extreme emotional distress and she felt unsafe in that environment.

Extreme emotional distress? UNSAFE? Yeah the code pink thing is dumb. This is a Target what in gods name are the employees going to do to her. "Unsafe" give me a break.

"LOD this is oath2order going on my 15"

If there's even the slightest chance of it being considered sexual harassment, DON'T DO IT. It's just not worth the trouble.

I think the only thing we have a nickname for is our cash office. We call it The Mountain.

I don't actually know the proper term for it, but the plastic holder you put a genric label in when you are PTMing in an aisle is a "flippy label" at my store

We always give the etls nicknames....that way if we need to vent and if someone happens to over hear ( or if they are trying to be nosey) its harder for them to figure out who we are talking about .The nicknames always have to do with their attitude....never being mean about any ones appearance etc.

Some of us that have been around for a minute call our STL Dad or Daddy but never on a walkie or within earshot. It isn't meant to be disrespectful, we love him.

The term re-shop is never used in my store. It's either "returns" or "go-backs."
Backstock is occasionally referred to as "overstock."
A wave zone is referred to as "lights out."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back