Logistics unload process

SD heard in fall national about changes coming to unload process but wouldn't elaborate. Anybody else heard anything about it?

I don't know for sure, but I think it's a partial reversal to Inbound working out the freight for the whole store. Unloads will be done quicker so that the unload team can assist in the wave. Don't quote me on that though.

Read the October planner. Has some basic info.

Basically all freight is "priority 1" all dbos will be scheduled 30 minutes after unload. Push first, then pulls, then zone. Trucks should be cleaned by 930am. Baby hardlines will still pull first (fifo requirements, not sure why otc wasn't thought of here).

Unloads should be as close to hour unloads as possible. 8 people on the process. They should then be trained in breakout to help assist that getting done sooner after unload.

I run with 7 right now 6 on the line and 1 thrower. Sometimes it gets crowded on the line and they were talking about adding up to 10 people for inbound.

I run with 7 right now 6 on the line and 1 thrower. Sometimes it gets crowded on the line and they were talking about adding up to 10 people for inbound.

Years ago that's how the line went, we had 4-5 on each side, one scanner, and 1-2 throwers. One person was only responsible for 2-4 pallets spaces instead of the whole side.

Read the October planner. Has some basic info.

Basically all freight is "priority 1" all dbos will be scheduled 30 minutes after unload. Push first, then pulls, then zone. Trucks should be cleaned by 930am. Baby hardlines will still pull first (fifo requirements, not sure why otc wasn't thought of here).

Unloads should be as close to hour unloads as possible. 8 people on the process. They should then be trained in breakout to help assist that getting done sooner after unload.
Man if they want the trucks to be done within an hour, they better make sure the trucks are small because it will be inhumanely impossible to unload a 1500+ truck within an hour...
Way too many variables or "obstacles" that'll slow down the truck unloads...

Everything from shoddy/unsafe pallet stacking, not enough team members on the line, pallets of push needing to be taken out from receiving to prevent clutter....

And don't get me started on charge back/spills! 😰

Last edited:
Man if they want the trucks to be done within an hour, they better make sure the trucks are small because it will be inhumanely impossible to unload a 1500+ truck within an hour...

Everything from shoddy/unsafe pallet stacking, not enough team members on the line, pallets of push needing to be taken out from receiving to prevent clutter....

And don't get me started on charge back/spills! 😰
No it’s not, I do 2 in 2 hours with the new process

We did 1500+ trucks every night this week in 45-55 minutes, 2 throwers, 6-8 sorters, depending on variables. Easily doable.

We did 1500+ trucks every night this week in 45-55 minutes, 2 throwers, 6-8 sorters, depending on variables. Easily doable.
For us it's usually the opposite.
Unloads start at 12:05AM and we usually finish unloading both trucks around 3:00-3:30AM

However this week... Everyone's hours got cut and the unloads are kicking our asses, now we're reaching 4AM-4:30AM!

For us it's usually the opposite.
Unloads start at 12:05AM and we usually finish unloading both trucks around 3:00-3:30AM

However this week... Everyone's hours got cut and the unloads are kicking our asses, now we're reaching 4AM-4:30AM!
Depends on how many people you have whether that's good or bad. It takes us about 2 and a half hours for one unload but we only have 4 sorters usually and 1 thrower. Desperately trying to hire more inbound and gm

Back