Unwanted advances from a female coworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batteryguy556

Repent
I'll probably sound like a pussy for posting this but here goes
How would you kindly tell a female coworker that her advances aren't wanted without her getting mad? This lady is like 40 and keeps touching my arms, chest, and one time my butt. Now I don't mind a bit of attention from the opposite sex but I'm really not into her. What do?

It's best to try and let her down gently.

Mention your in a committed relationship even if it's made up see if she gets the hint.
If you have to continue working with them it's best not to hurt their feelings.

Plus she could be nuts.

Polite and consistent.
The same way you would want to be let down if you developed a crush on someone who wasn't interested in you.
"I'm flattered but absolutely no."
Some women just like to flirt for the sake of the flirt and have no interest in taking it any further.
I wish there was a clear rule book on that though.

I'll probably sound like a pussy for posting this but here goes
How would you kindly tell a female coworker that her advances aren't wanted without her getting mad? This lady is like 40 and keeps touching my arms, chest, and one time my butt. Now I don't mind a bit of attention from the opposite sex but I'm really not into her. What do?
This is not you then ?
Youre not harassing women into dates?
This must be embarrassing 😳

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220218-192120_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220218-192120_Chrome.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 35
You need to be direct about it. Your coworker is out of line in touching you without permission and you have every right to be direct in telling her to stop. If you want to be polite at first, go ahead and add a "please", but you're under no obligation to do so.

"Stop touching me."

If she keeps it up, then bring it to HR (or bring it to them, anyway), but you don't need to sugarcoat this at all, really. She's the one being inappropriate. Being direct and firm in your response is not out of line.

Ask A Manager deals with questions like this somewhat frequently. The one from this week (number 3 at the link) is not dissimilar to your situation and covers it pretty well.

You first tell HR about the previous touching. Then the next time she touches you, tell her “Do not ever touch me again” and go to HR. If it happens a third time push HR until she is fired. It’s not OK just because you’re a he and she’s a she. A man would have been fired the first time it happened, she should too.

You first tell HR about the previous touching. Then the next time she touches you, tell her “Do not ever touch me again” and go to HR. If it happens a third time push HR until she is fired. It’s not OK just because you’re a he and she’s a she. A man would have been fired the first time it happened, she should too.
I thought this was chick on chick action, I am out 🙄

That's really not as funny as you think it is in a serious thread that could amount to sexual harassment.
Read the room.
If target is so serious about it how come they don’t implement better sexual harassment guidelines and maybe TM’s Wouldn’t have to resort to this website just to be misinformed.

If target is so serious about it how come they don’t implement better sexual harassment guidelines and maybe TM’s wouldn’t have to resort to this website just to be misinformed.

I haven't worked for Target in over eight years.
Spot has rules and guidelines but they are designed to keep them from getting sued not to protect the employees.
People come here for advice because the one thing Target is absolutely the worst at is communicating with their employees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back