Upcoming Operational changes

If you run the front. You will not be involved, only affects inbound/gm/dbos. Heard it’s pilot of demodernization what stays what’s working.
We have been abandoning the changes made by modernization little by little for months now. Trying to keep what works but loving the stopping of what doesn’t. Now we need a pricing team back !

Seriously... I dread when they put up BTS dual location sticker. Ain't no one got time to googone all that. They should pay a few cents more for removable stickers!
The grey dots was to simply let you know we were out of stock and has been researched .

As with every new operational or myDevice app change I like to voice my opinion and give my feedback whether it gets to someone that can actually get it to the team that builds those tools or not.

I’ve given my feedback on pulls/backstocking in myDay as well as myDay as a whole in the past and with Priority Pulls being a big new pilot I definitely have thoughts as well. As I use the system more I’ll have more feedback on the actually usability of it and how well it’s working in practice because that’s all that matters. As it stands I fully support the change as a “in theory” but I’ll have to continue to actually use it. I don’t see any downsides/cons in it yet over OFOs.

OFOs literally only worked for 2 out of the 4 quarters of the year. I’ve explained to my leadership and DSD many times that OFOs sound good in theory but not in practice. I don’t think OFOs were ever a change that was piloted at stores and was literally just rolled out to the chain like it was the best idea. I will never miss them. They don’t work during Q4 when the workload is high and you are getting 2 trailers a day for many days of the week and fulfillment is dropping heavy. Trust me when I say I’ve been with Target for a couple years and I’ve seen how unpractical it is to complete OFOs during Q4.

Our store struggled with this big time with our backroom quantities being through the roof. Then you try to rebound after the holiday season but as you know in Q1 payroll and hours just arent there. We struggle to complete truck in Q1 with the hours we have never mind have time to do thousands of pulls from Q4.. Q2 is the earliest you can catch up and have OFOs actually work but then again is all still a waste. It doesn’t work Q4/Q1 and works poorly Q2/Q3.. so 50% of the year it’s a failed system.

You NEED a full time backroom team for OFOs to work in my opinion. Considering Target got rid of the backroom team I think the only replenishment pull that will work for DBOs is priority.

I hear some people say that OFOs work for them or their department specifically but I just don’t agree and there are many arguments and reasons why. Target needs to listen to their veteran TMs and hear from the people that have been through both the old ways and the new ways.

They have improved many things in MyDay over what we used to have but it just seems like sometimes they feel the need to completely reinvent the wheel when all we need or ask for are
Quality of Life fixes.

The biggest flaw with OFOs is the time waste/efficiency which Priority pulls greatly improves. Even a simple call out can get a dept behind on OFOs and trying to scramble a TM to complete the pull before you are knees deep in it.

It’s been a good year before I’ve been this excited about an operational change at Target. It’s a small change with a big impact, and I think guests will get the benefits of product getting to the floor faster.

I’m interested to hear what disadvantages TMs find in Priority pulls though.

I think it’s funny when they acted like OFOs were this new magical way of pulling the floor; when in all actuality, OFOs are just MCAFS, rebranded.
It was actually the caf. Mcaf needed to be manually dropped but I get what you are saying. Was a lot better when caf use to be pulled/pushed every hour and overnight would do the auto fills and push .

I hear some people say that OFOs work for them or their department specifically but I just don’t agree and there are many arguments and reasons why. Target needs to listen to their veteran TMs and hear from the people that have been through both the old ways and the new ways.
1-4-1s work in my area, but should be optional to pull - as I stated earlier.

Not the *end all, be all* metric that must be green while the zone suffers.

I'd like to be able to pull by aisle v. *having* to pull the entire department. That way I could get on a routine (maybe one or two Valleys of 1-4-1s a day?)

It was actually the caf. Mcaf needed to be manually dropped but I get what you are saying. Was a lot better when caf use to be pulled/pushed every hour and overnight would do the auto fills and push .
Yeah, to me, manual cafs were closer to a OFO as they could be created on demand similar to how OFOs are always building, as CAFs were time specific and eventually fillgroup specific…

Back