Archived Update/ Questions about the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B26

Hey Guys!

So a few days ago I got my 90 day review. The HR-TL started it out by saying that I was one of her favorite people at Target and defiantly one of the best, if not the best, cashier. She went over my conversion rate which she said was decent, she said my speed score was good, and that my GSTL and her had no complaints and only good things.

She said she knows that I've zoned a few times and she wants me to start getting cross trained on the sales floor.

However, I got a bit confused because when I went back and talked with my GSTL he said that it is important for cashiers to start learning the sales floor and he's going to teach me how to use the PDA/scanner thing later in the week.

This confused me because when she said that I was going to get cross-trained I thought that i'd eventually start getting shifts working hardlines or something but my GSTL gave me the impression that I would just be zoning/ doing abandons on the side.

From what you could tell, do you think I'm actually going to get shifts in this new work area or am I just going to be a cashier that zones and helps out when it's dead?

Thanks.

At least you got your 90 day review! Me? Nothing....I was told it got lost on HR's desk. Anyway, I finally got trained in GS and they taught me some PDA use a month ago with the idea they could cross-train me into hard lines. But, they don't want to give me up from the front end, so it's a battle. If you want salesfloor, keep begging. That worked for me and I got a random shift to zone and reshop, which I let them know how happy I was to do it and then let them know afterwards how much I liked it.

They said they were in the middle of creating a three month plan for me for moving up...I may need to double check with the person who I last talked to about that to see where that is.

In other words, squeak. Not often enough to annoy, but enough to let the whole darned store (TL and up) what you want.

Hey Guys!

So a few days ago I got my 90 day review. The HR-TL started it out by saying that I was one of her favorite people at Target and defiantly one of the best, if not the best, cashier. She went over my conversion rate which she said was decent, she said my speed score was good, and that my GSTL and her had no complaints and only good things.

She said she knows that I've zoned a few times and she wants me to start getting cross trained on the sales floor.

However, I got a bit confused because when I went back and talked with my GSTL he said that it is important for cashiers to start learning the sales floor and he's going to teach me how to use the PDA/scanner thing later in the week.

This confused me because when she said that I was going to get cross-trained I thought that i'd eventually start getting shifts working hardlines or something but my GSTL gave me the impression that I would just be zoning/ doing abandons on the side.

From what you could tell, do you think I'm actually going to get shifts in this new work area or am I just going to be a cashier that zones and helps out when it's dead?

Thanks.

Glad to hear you've made an amazing impression! Your GSTL will obviously want to keep you at the front end because you're so good there, but let the hardlines leadership and HR know that you want to go through with cross-training. With all the training of seasonal hires coming up, now is the time to snag some training hours for yourself. If your HR is like mine, you'll have to complete your learning plan before they'll actually schedule you in hardlines because they would only want you there if you know what you're doing.

It took me about nine months to actually get trained in hardlines, and I still get mostly cashing shifts (but I shouldn't complain too much because 26.75 hours in, say, 5 days of cashing is better than 5.75 hours in only 1 day of hardlines). However, if this happens to you, then you could be that guy that gets pulled from the lanes to help out on the floor when they're short.

90 days review? We get those? I've been at target nearly 6 months and never got one...But great job making a good impression! :D

I never got my 90 day review either. Which is fine because I have been one of the very few people they can count on to work. I am on flow and shortly after started getting salesfloor shifts, obviously got cashier shifts, HR says I am the first person they will call when they need help in any area, I am now starting to pick up backroom shifts. Started helping out on the weekends doing the morning pulls and pushing that, helping backroom with the truck backstock this week, assisted another store with their truck backstock. I help out with the pfresh food truck unload and stock and backstocking.

Make yourself as global as you can. With all this cross training, I have maintained 30-39 hours each week. If truck is late getting done they know I'll stay and help, they need shifts covered I'm the one that can cover them. My TL just told me the other day that any time she has hours available she is sure to ask me if I want to stay and the other TL's know that if they need help all they have to do is ask. Even other TM's know that if they need a shift covered they usually will ask me ahead of time.

Target has been the best place I have ever worked at. Of course I've made more at other jobs but nothing beats the "amazing" work experience and respect you get at least at my store.

Glad to hear you've made an amazing impression! Your GSTL will obviously want to keep you at the front end because you're so good there, but let the hardlines leadership and HR know that you want to go through with cross-training. With all the training of seasonal hires coming up, now is the time to snag some training hours for yourself. If your HR is like mine, you'll have to complete your learning plan before they'll actually schedule you in hardlines because they would only want you there if you know what you're doing.

It took me about nine months to actually get trained in hardlines, and I still get mostly cashing shifts (but I shouldn't complain too much because 26.75 hours in, say, 5 days of cashing is better than 5.75 hours in only 1 day of hardlines). However, if this happens to you, then you could be that guy that gets pulled from the lanes to help out on the floor when they're short.

90 days review? We get those? I've been at target nearly 6 months and never got one...But great job making a good impression! :D

Thanks for the AMAZING responses, guys.

thrive in the position that you want and you will get it, trust me. this is how i got out of flow and into backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back