Archived Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetargetman

I am a Guest once again!
Well my dear Friends it has been some time since I quit spot. I am doing great! I am loving Wegman's so far! My first day of training was amazing and when my trainer made it clear of what the learning plan was I was thinking "are you being serious with me right now?! you are really going over this with me?" It is such a different environment than Spot was and it feels a lot more like a family. I am not bashing Target since I was a trainer myself and it was a good job for 10yrs but wow I feel like I have died and gone to heaven! :)

I am jealous because Wegmans is awesome, and they aren't on the West Coast. XD

I don't know why Spot is so lame at training. Hell, when I was at micky dees back in the 80's they had vcr training for everything in the store. Spot just has that lame orientation dvd. Crikey!

I don't know why Spot is so lame at training. Hell, when I was at micky dees back in the 80's they had vcr training for everything in the store. Spot just has that lame orientation dvd. Crikey!
A tape is horrible training. The answer is not to have DVD's covering various topics. Training should be interactive, it's an issue of payroll and employees, not an issue of supplies.

The answer is BOTH. DVD first, shoulder to shoulder training afterwards.

Trust me. ;)

Hell, when I was at micky dees back in the 80's they had vcr training for everything in the store.
Lucky you. During my stint at Micky D's, our training media was 'film loops'! lol

That is pretty cool. One of my zeta kappa psi sisters works at the wegmans near my target. She seems to like it. I think its cool they have culinary book signing events

The other day I went to pick up some Advil and as I was checking out speaking with my friend who works there still one of the ETLs wasn't all that happy to see me and just kind of glared at me. :D When she was out of ear shot I just said in a low tone "crazy old bat!" and my friend was like "wow... never thought you'd say that! :D"

I got trained literally for 30 seconds on in-stock and 4x4 the other day lol

Put me in charge of designing the training program.
drinkbeer.gif

It is kind of funny thinking how now the ETLs have NO power over me what so ever! now ofcourse I wont keep people from doing their job or cause trouble but I am a guest now and their is NOTHING the ETLs can say or do about it! hahahah

I tried finding out and couldn't get an exact answer, but I think it's near 40%.
yea that sounds right and I bet it is different for different stores depending on their management or lack there of. I think at my former store it is 50% and the people who end up staying for the long haul are absolutely miserable! :(

Last edited:
yea that sounds right and I bet it is different for different stores depending on their management or lack there of. I think at my former store it is 45% but for those who stay they are absolutely miserable! :(
Which is why I applied to the Apple Store. Pay is better, better work environment, better benefits ($500 off a new Mac!), and convenient location.

Status
Not open for further replies.