Archived Updated Price Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yetive

Servant of 2 Masters
"Stores are more empowered than ever to Save the Sale on a limited basis."

Huh?

lmao I read that too and couldn't make sense of it.

They also wrote "lightening deals".

Does anyone actually follow the price match policies? I was given some super ghetto website to price match too, and told to use the key other option button to price match and then type in the website... from a TM too

Does anyone actually follow the price match policies? I was given some super ghetto website to price match too, and told to use the key other option button to price match and then type in the website... from a TM too

Sounds exactly why only GSTMs are allowed to do any price matching at my store. Shouldn't be doing stuff like that.

Sounds exactly why only GSTMs are allowed to do any price matching at my store. Shouldn't be doing stuff like that.
The TM was a GSTM/has watched front lanes/Sbux TM/cashier asking me to use K8 i believe (when you chose competitor, as "Other") and told me if i can price match a UE speaker to some random website (not any of the approved ones, for sure) and just type it in. I gave it to the GSTL and went back to zoning.

The TM was a GSTM/has watched front lanes/Sbux TM/cashier asking me to use K8 i believe (when you chose competitor, as "Other") and told me if i can price match a UE speaker to some random website (not any of the approved ones, for sure) and just type it in. I gave it to the GSTL and went back to zoning.

Haha, they were a gstm? Still, it shows why stores only want a few people doing PM because then they can quickly fix shit like that. Definitely the right thing to just shovel that onto GSTL.

I don't know how anyone could scam it unless you have spineless TLs that won't let you say no. I had a lady come to the service desk and asked me to price match detergent from a newspaper ad, sure no problem. Then she waved her daughter over with 10 more and coupons and cartwheel. Apparently my boss was already suspicious and had followed the daughter with 10 bottles of detergent. She waved me aside and told me to help the next guest. In the end, my boss said she would price match two and use any valid manufacturer coupons, but since they were price matched, we wouldn't use TGT coupons are cartwheel. Guest just walked away. I smiled when the daughter said, "Momma, they wouldn't do it here either!"

I don’t see how it can be scammed either if it’s always done correctly. For price matches over $5 we have cashiers tell the guest to go to the service desk where they will scan the item with the ipads price match app and if it doesn’t come up with the price the guest found it at one of the approved and listed stores then we don’t match it.

ETA: We also don’t allow Cartwheel or any manufacturer coupons with a price match and only one of the same items can be matched per household. TM discount can still be applied if it’s a team member though which is cool. But yeah the way we do it is pretty scam-proof.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back