Archived Updated Team Member Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
The "newest" version of the TM Handbook has been put by our time clock so that we can all have the most recent version. I've hardly had a chance to read through it, but I have noticed some big differences.....like what happened to the pages that used to list some of the "Target Lingo" words? And what about the lists of who to contact for different issues?

Mostly, I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any information about the company's objectives.

Hmmm...whatever happened to "Fast. Fun. and Friendly?" Or what about Target "being the best company ever??"

Clearly the full focus of Target has drastically changed since I started about 6 years ago. How sad. Target used to be "cutting edge" and a great place to work.....if I've seen such changes in my time, I'm afraid to see how long time Target Team Members have seen the company go downhill.

It makes me sad to see a once highly respected and emulated company become just another big box store.

Walmart used to be a fabulous place to work.....but we've seen how far they have fallen. I'm afraid that Target may not be too far behind.:sorry:

I did notice that ( lingo gone) I didn't notice too many changes except there was a section on you cannot talk about Target on social media sites ex twitter, facebook but if the twitter account is private like a random team member ranting how can spot even find out?? Unless he has hackers:spiteful:

If you broadcast social media and ANY tm reads it, they can nab you.

However as long as you don't directly mention Target you should be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
No mention of whether or not you can have your cell phone on you now.
Selling things to other team members is okay now as long as you are both of the clock (on lunch) we were never allowed to even bring a girl scout cookie order form or school fund raising projects forms in the building.

No mention of whether or not you can have your cell phone on you now.
Selling things to other team members is okay now as long as you are both of the clock (on lunch) we were never allowed to even bring a girl scout cookie order form or school fund raising projects forms in the building.

What really? That makes no sense at all. God forbid that happen. Cant have the Fun or Friendly part going on in the stores, just the Fast part.

If you broadcast social media and ANY tm reads it, they can nab you.

However as long as you don't directly mention Target you should be ok.

I say let them come. Bring it.
If I don't post anything slandering someone, or proprietary trade secrets, my first amendment rights trump this ****ty part time job.

I'm obviously not a constitutional scholar, but when I'm not on the clock, my opinion about Target shouldn't matter one damn bit. I'm not too worried, as I've got my fb account locked-down for such purposes, but still this seems a bit ridiculous. It's like Spot is following me to the bar and saying 'you talk about work while you're drinking, and you're fired ... for having opinions.' I think they'd have a larger case for firing me based on what I tell people when they ask me if Apex/Element TVs are 'worth it'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back