Archived Using promo gift cards during same transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting to check out yesterday after my shift was over, and the people in front of me earned a promotional gift card (buy X of this, get $5). After the cashier finished scanning everything, she applied the just-earned GC to the transaction. I didn't think that was permitted, or am I confused?

Thanks!

I didn't even think that was possible. Because it hasn't been paid for the GC shouldn't be activated yet.

Correct. Not possible.

She did something she shouldn't have.

Correct. Not possible.

She did something she shouldn't have.

Unless something has changed and we didn't know? It would be so awesome if we could do that. I can't tell you how many times I have lost attachments due to gift cards coming off of iPads. I understand the hook they use for the normal items, gets the guest to buy more, and then COME BACK and use the gift card = positive effect. However it has quite a negative effect in Electronics. "Oh can I use that card for a case for that iPad" SIGH... I usually try to combat that by suggesting they use it on other purchases, but no dice! Why can't corporate just do "20 dollars off a case when you purchase iPad" type of deal?

They probably didn't change it. It gets people to come back. Can always ring out the transaction into two anyway.

As of a few weeks ago they hadn't changed it anyway.

They probably rang up the items for the promotion. Then turned around and applied the promo giftcard to another transaction of items.

Promo giftcards are not finalized until a promotion transaction is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back