Archived Using vacation before giving two weeks notice??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm not sure where to put this. I have an offer for a new job that would like me to start 10/30. I live in wisconsin and not sure if I should put in my notice right away or request time off for the week of the 30th so I can use up my vacation time?

Make arrangements with your HR and ETL stat. Find out your voluntary termination rights and fill out your paper work.

Sorry I'm not sure where to put this. I have an offer for a new job that would like me to start 10/30. I live in wisconsin and not sure if I should put in my notice right away or request time off for the week of the 30th so I can use up my vacation time?

You may be a vacation payout state if not. Get with HR. You can also use it on past weeks where you worked less than your average hours.

According to the 2017 Time Off Program Guide: [A]ll unused vacation accrued after January 1, 2016, will be forfeited unless you work in California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, or Rhode Island, or employment ends due to retirement or death. If you have any unused vacation prior to January 1, 2016*, that vacation will be paid to you upon termination—regardless of the state in which you worked or the reason for which your employment ended.

Like HRZone said, see HR to see if you can use vacation hours for previous weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back