Archived Using your Target Member discount for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pay cash or have your friend reimburse you at home. Don't say anything. Just buy it solo and run. Maybe even purchase it at different store.

Equally, if (and I am aware of adoption and all sorts of scenarios possible) I am handed a TM card for Kent Wang and the person in front of me doesn't appear to be the usual type for that name, it isn't unfair to try to verify and turn away if either...

No, it's unfair and racist to card Mr. Wang for not being Asian.

Equally, if (and I am aware of adoption and all sorts of scenarios possible) I am handed a TM card for Kent Wang and the person in front of me doesn't appear to be the usual type for that name, it isn't unfair to try to verify and turn away if either...

No, it's unfair and racist to card Mr. Wang for not being Asian.
This. There is also no directive that we are to be the team member discount police.

The store number is in the corner. I know a lot of the district's store numbers. And the ones I don't know are a simple workbench search away.

Is this seriously a problem? All of you guys act like it's a freaking bank robbery. o_O

I'd totally use the red card and TM discount.

It's only a problem as in if you are caught, you might be out of a job...or not. It seems to depend on how much they like you.

I don't go looking for trouble when it comes to stuff like this...TMs have enough problems without creating more problems for each other just for fun. But if I do see an issue, then I will pass it on to the powers that be.

Is this seriously a problem? All of you guys act like it's a freaking bank robbery. o_O

I'd totally use the red card and TM discount.

A majority of posters on this site are shills from corporate. This shouldn't be too surprising.

In reality, most stores' APs don't care very much about TM discounts. Some of my co-workers routinely lend their card to non-spousal family members (mother, father, even cousins) and sometimes friends as well. They've never been caught and probably never will be. 10% is hardly something to fret about.

I had a father come on my line today with a temporary card slip from his daughter's TM discount (he told me so). It was not from our store and expired a year ago.
If I had known the TM on the slip, I probably would've let it pass, but the fact that it was so long expired and all sent a red flag to me. I explained to him the TM discount policy and told him to talk to his daughter about it.

I mean, I get it. I lost a discount card...so it's possible someone is out there using mine, but at the same time I don't need to be hassled by TMs at my store because the name is worn off of my current card.

I can see how it would be a problem if someone came thorough and was buying three or four PS4's with a TM discount...

I don't think anyone here is hassling the actual TMs that work at their own store. Heck, I know you work here...just give me your darn number (or show me the card if your store is into that) and let's move on with the transaction.

At the beginning of this yr we were no longer allowed to key in TM numbers.
The exception was if they had their card present but it wouldn't scan.

At my store, we key in everyone's numbers, even if they don't work at our store. As long as you say "I have a TM discount," our fingers are ready to type them in.

At my store, we key in everyone's numbers, even if they don't work at our store. As long as you say "I have a TM discount," our fingers are ready to type them in.

My store is in between. If you work here, we'll key it in. If you don't work at our store, you need to present the card...even if it doesn't scan, we need to see the card before we punch in the number. If you want to throw a fit about it, go right ahead...and then you can go complain to your own ETL-HR and see how far that gets you.

We were told to never key them in except for new employees who had temporary cards. I've done so anyway a few times for TM's at our store, but only recently. I obeyed after they made a big stink out of it, but we have a new STL since then, and I figure worst case scenario for me typing it in is someone will notice and remind me not to do so, I can't imagine they're going to punish me for doing something they asked everyone not to do over a year ago that has never been mentioned again since.

I don't think anyone here is hassling the actual TMs that work at their own store. Heck, I know you work here...just give me your darn number (or show me the card if your store is into that) and let's move on with the transaction.
One of our elec TMs did it to me. Pissed me off. :p

As a paranoid person, I generally avoid having my numbers keyed in, even at my own store. Thanks to that one wacko guest I was ringing up who thought it'd be funny to 'joke' about "stealing" my numbers, I keep the discount card in my wallet at all times and use speed IDs when cashiering.

Bleh, speed ID's. I can type my # fast enough to make them useless, and I absolutely hate the entire concept of them. We have TM's leaving them all over the store, I wish AP'd just put their foot down and ban their usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back