Vacation Accrual Rate

How you accrue vacation is based on how many hours you work.

However does your accrual rate go up after being there five years?

I think I read that somewhere. Thanks.

The accrual limit for the year is how much is actually accrued in a year--poor terminology on Target's part.
Maximum accrual for anyone is 1.5 times your annual limit. So, if you accrue 40 hours per year, you can have at most 60 hours banked before you stop accruing.
Make sense?

I recently took an entire week off to use up accumulated vacation time and enjoyed a very pleasant staycation.

The key is go onto eHR and request your days or weeks off in advance. It may take some assertiveness, but the key is to TELL THEM in eHR of your request to take time off and use your vacation accrual.

Also, if in a given scheduling period your scheduled hours are less than your average weekly hours, you can request on eHR to use vacation hours for pay to "fill up to average hours". Hope this helps.

So I just reached my five year anniversary and no one bothered to tell me that my vacation accrual rate doubled.

I got extra $25 on my paycheck for those five years along with a thank you note from my SD.

My name and the date on the note were in a different color than the body of the note so obviously a lot of effort went into it. LMAO.

Back