Archived Vacation accrual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been with Spot 13 yrs... noticed I stopped accruing vacation time .. went and looked back on previous pay checks and it stopped end of January ... found out for a TM with 13 yrs max accrual is 180 hours... once you reach your max and don't use it, you cease to accrue anymore vacation.. bAsically I lost out on 7 weeks of vacation time ... vCation time is based on hours worked and years at Spot and your position ... so just know if you are a TM with 10-25 yrs, your accrual stops at 180... kinda cranky that I lost out on vacation time. I work way too hard for that shit

That is so unfair! This is an earned benefit. I have had my hours cut dramatically over the last year (not by choice) and I can only use my accrued vacation "up to average hours". Well, sorry... YOU lowered my average hours. Why can't I use my vacation time/pay that I EARNED?? I'd be more than happy to take 3 weeks off when hours are tight if I were going to be paid for them. Now I can't even get a whole week off and get paid for 40 hours. This is a pretty sore spot with me, if you can't tell.

Accrued vacation hours are a significant liability to companies--my day job doesn't allow us to carry over any vacation year-to-year, at all.

I really don't get the average hours thing. Do vacation hours count towards store payroll? Otherwise, it doesn't seem to make sense. For those that work less than 40 hours a week, it seems like it would actually benefit Spot to let you use vacation above your normal scheduled hours. They get the liability off the books but don't lose TM time in-store.

Spot doesn't do that option to use go over your average hours. Make sure that you have used up 2016 vacation hours bank, first. @Rarejem & @Veteran veteran. Go on ehr, to my time self service to vacation pay requests. More info there.

Well I never have to worry about that thanks to the new hours trend I never have more than 10hrs vacation

When I worked at Target, I got into a heated argument with the HR ETL and told her that Target was stealing my vacation hours when they changed the rules in January 2016. I told her that Target has no right to touch the vacation hours that I earned and that they were stealing my hours and my money. She tried to defend it but I wasn't going to agree. I had about 80 hours of vacation time that would have been paid to me if I had quit or gotten fired because it was accrued before January 2016. Hours were terrible from January 2016 to April 2016 so I basically had to use 40 hours of that 80 hours during that time span just to make ends meet. Thankfully, I left Target in June 2016 and was able to get paid 40 hours of vacation time that was accrued before January 2016 added to my final check. The only bad thing is I had generated around 40 hours of new vacation time in 2016 and wasn't able to use since Target stole it from. I have no sympathy for businesses that rob their employees of earning vacation time because they didn't use them within a certain time span. If you show up to work every day you're scheduled and are never late and do a good job, a business has no right to steal your vacation time from you. That is your money and you should be able to use it as you please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back