Archived Vacation Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vac request was denied because I didn't submit in time. I thought it would just go to the next check. I can't resubmit because my hours for that week are still at the average. Will it automatically apply to the next check? If I had just waited a day, would it have been approved for the next one? I'm confused.

there was a glitch in the system auto denying people request this week. thought you'd like to know.

Thanks! So vac can't be denied? You can just miss deadlines for checks? Like a punch correction?

As long as you have it coming and it's not over your usual hours worked, no they can't deny you the hours.

Does anyone know how long it takes Target to payout unused vacation and sick time when you leave? It's been a month and a half. Thanks!

I got mine on the next paycheck.
If you don't pick it up at the store in a week or so they will mail it to you.

I've had vacation time denied because there were too many requests signed-up before I requested my time off. HR Clerical says that time is granted based on a first come, first served basis.

actual time off requests that you intend to use vacation for can be denied. Requests to use your vacation hours for previous time off shouldn't be denied, but it does depend on when it gets submitted and approved as to what check it will go toward. You can apply your vacation hours for up to 6 weeks past I think, so it shouldn't matter that you have your average hours this week. For whatever week you had time off (or less than average hours) you can use your vacation or PH up to your average hours.

What I was saying was that the hours for the week that I submitted the vacation were still up to the average, even though it was denied. And my balance has gone down.

If that's the case, I'd get with HR right away and get that fixed. If there was a glitch that was causing that then there is no guarantee that your vacation will get added to the next check. Don't let up until that vacation pay shows up. That's your money!

On vacation payout...

Vacation payout is usually considered supplemental income, so it is usually taxed at a higher rate than your normal pay. If you can use your vacation before you quit then you are not subjected to that extra tax. Although, you still get a refund on that tax too if you've overpaid your taxes for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back