Archived vacation policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a part time employee working about 3 shifts a week, 15-20 hours, just a shade over 2 years with Target. With summer approaching I requested a week off today in mid-July and was advised it could not be accommodated. Had no issue following pretty much the same steps last summer.
Is there a policy in place dictating timelines within which I am required to submit a vacation request? I'd assume this policy may vary from full-time to part-time? perhaps also by department?

thank you for reading of my plight!

You need to get on the computer and request time off through max. HLM is saying that you need to submit your vacation request at least 3 or more weeks in advance. If you are requesting time off in the beginning of July it might be a problem depending on when their cut off date is for doing the schedule. If you're requesting time off later in the month of July you should be all right. You just need to get that request in to be considered ASAP. :)

thank you Hardlinemaster and RightArm! something tells me this isn't going to end well so I want to make sure I do everything by the book!

Wait, have you requested this off on the computer already? By the sound of it I thought you have. If not, do it. If whoever is your ETL denies it there, talk to them. Tell them there's no blackout dates for that time period. If they won't budge, go to your TL who may be more willing to accept it. If they don't do anything go to your HR. If everybody is trying to be a pain in the ass to you and you're put on the schedule, try to swap shifts. For your last resort, call out.

I've already been denied all-around in store. Will broaden my approach. When I was told I'm scheduled that far out and asked for said schedule they said someone else is out in my department during that time. Seems to me they're just going above and beyond to be difficult.

Most areas of the store can really only have so many people out at a time, otherwise its hard to run a business if everyone is off. Time off request are generally approved in order of received if you wait till the 2 weeks before the schedule is being worked on chances are you wont get the time off.

Thanks folks. I work in front end, food services.. We're terribly understaffed at present not aware of pending vacation around that time-frame besides TL.

Thanks folks. I work in front end, food services.. We're terribly understaffed at present not aware of pending vacation around that time-frame besides TL.

That might be the problem. A lot of your workcenter's hours go to the TL, so that's quite a bit of coverage to lose. They probably need all hands on deck to cover all the shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back