Vacation/Sick Time Question

I’ve been working for Target since April of 2020 and I’ve accrued about 16 hours of sick time and no vacation time yet (will start accruing at 6 months)

My question is, how do the calculations of sick and vacation time hours work? How do we know how many hours of each we are supposed to receive based on how many hours we have worked? (I’ve tried to find this on my phamplets and online and can’t seem to find it) I have around 16 hours of sick time but how did it get to 16? I believe my average hours is around 32-35, been working for 5 months. Thanks!

As a Target Stores Team Member, you are eligible for:

At date of hire:
  •  Team Member Discount
  •  Team Member LifeResources
  •  NurseLine
  •  Travel Accident

At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)

I’ve been working for Target since April of 2020 and I’ve accrued about 16 hours of sick time and no vacation time yet (will start accruing at 6 months)

My question is, how do the calculations of sick and vacation time hours work? How do we know how many hours of each we are supposed to receive based on how many hours we have worked? (I’ve tried to find this on my phamplets and online and can’t seem to find it) I have around 16 hours of sick time but how did it get to 16? I believe my average hours is around 32-35, been working for 5 months. Thanks!
Do all targets give vacation time after 6 months? Or does it depend? Because I’ve been at my store for almost a year in October and have yet to receive any vacation time

Do all targets give vacation time after 6 months? Or does it depend? Because I’ve been at my store for almost a year in October and have yet to receive any vacation time

I believe you have to initially qualify for the benefit. I want to say you need to average 19.5 hours a week.

Not everyone understands the portal, even tho it’s incredibly user friendly lol. I’m just trying to warn people not to call their stores to have HR apply the payout 😊

Not everyone understands the portal, even tho it’s incredibly user friendly lol. I’m just trying to warn people not to call their stores to have HR apply the payout 😊
The portal is super buggy though. I'm on an approved EDU leave an the portal still shows I need to complete add'l paperwork for reed (both reed and store confirmed that isn't the case)

Back