Archived Very short staffed Front End leadership team

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoTasking

Home TL
So my $55mil store currently has 2 GSTLs/1 GSA. One of our GSTLs is going through a really rough family situation currently and has called in for the next few days. Our next few days are also some of the busiest of the year as it’s tax free weekend. Has this happened for anyone else’s store? What was the solution? My store decided to approve OT for me and our other GSTL

My STL stepped in and pulled TLs from other workcenters. At the end of the day, ringing up sales and getting the guests out the door is the priority. I also had to cover open/close routines from time to time since few people know how to do it. I partnered with my STL ready with solutions. He shifted some TLs/SrTLs around so that they could handle LOD calls while I was at the front. It's not easy and you're going to need a lot of support from your ETL and STL to make it work. Most important is to have the open and close coverage. It's much easier to find someone to cover the mid shifts (really just breaks/lunches).

Check to see if your cash office person knows how to properly close registers. If they do then they can come in 1-2 hours earlier than usual the next morning and pull the bundles. That way all the stand-in closer has to do the night before is log-in and hit the "close register" button.

So my $55mil store currently has 2 GSTLs/1 GSA. One of our GSTLs is going through a really rough family situation currently and has called in for the next few days. Our next few days are also some of the busiest of the year as it’s tax free weekend. Has this happened for anyone else’s store? What was the solution? My store decided to approve OT for me and our other GSTL

Does your store not have a few GSA trained TMs. My store is down to 1 official GSA (who is pretty salty about losing the .50 pay bump), however, we have at least 4 other front end TMs that can both open and close the registers.

So much for those GSA's being just like cashiers. If they are that interchangeable then why don't they have a cashier do their job.

Does your store not have a few GSA trained TMs. My store is down to 1 official GSA (who is pretty salty about losing the .50 pay bump), however, we have at least 4 other front end TMs that can both open and close the registers.
We sure don’t. We have two cashiers who are pretty capable and should be keyed in as GSAs frankly, but for whatever reason or ETL GE won’t go for it

Over the years, when there is a shortage up front, we have all of the TLs pitch in and take shifts.

This is pretty identical to my store right now... I’m actually shocked that this isn’t my store but considering I’m the other gstl I’m pretty confident I didn’t write that 😂

Ha. I have you beat. Same $-amount store. 2 GSTLs, no GSAs. No one really suitable or wanting to become one either. GSTMs stepping in to help in the meantime but none of us is authorized to do opening/closing registers. So. :/

Not gonna happen in my store....they'll come help for a bit but for a full shift? Nope. They all seem to barely have their heads above water, no matter what the workcenter, thanks to our less than stellar TM retention rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back