Archived Waiting to be let in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravalpea

Battery/giftcard loather
Greetings again all. So, here I am, waiting in the Target parking lot for someone with keys to let us all in. I was supposed to clock on at 5am, it is 6:14am right now. This is my tl's day off and his team lead is on vacation. I have heard that the limit for such occurances is 2 hours before you can up and leave. What is the policy on that?

Ha! That depends...are you in oklahoma? ;)

If you start at 5am and it was 6:15 and you've been standing there since almost 5am I would have left a long time ago! That is so late, someones getting in trouble!

I know my stores flow or opening teams have been locked out several times before. Usually the Flow TL or opening ETL forgot they were scheduled to open the doors, out sick, or just quit with no notice.

In those cases, after about 30minutes, one TM would have stayed behind to wait for them or call for another ETL to come to the store. And the rest of the team would either go to a diner or nearby TMs house to wait.

And they still got paid for their full shifts.

Last edited:
This used to be a huge problem for us.. until the STL flipped on the ETL who was always late.. told him he was irresponsible for showing up a half hour late to work when his entire team is usually 10-15 minutes early, and that he needed to start becoming a responsible leader in the building. No opening LOD's have been late since.

We've had it happen to a few TMs...one time there were even leads in the store, no one wanted to get the door...30 minutes is my limit, if you're on camera, they can't fault you. I have a couple of leads' numbers, though, so I might call if the entire team is outside waiting.

This used to be a huge problem for us.. until the STL flipped on the ETL who was always late.. told him he was irresponsible for showing up a half hour late to work when his entire team is usually 10-15 minutes early, and that he needed to start becoming a responsible leader in the building. No opening LOD's have been late since.

We've had it happen to a few TMs...one time there were even leads in the store, no one wanted to get the door...30 minutes is my limit, if you're on camera, they can't fault you. I have a couple of leads' numbers, though, so I might call if the entire team is outside waiting.

This is horrible! The most anyone has had to wait at my store is 5 minutes. We have never hard an ETL or key carrier TL be late so hearing some of these horror stories makes me glad my store at least doesn't have this as a problem.

My TL (FLOW) walks in 10 minutes before his shift starts every single day. He ALWAYS start at least 15-30 minutes before anyone else in the building and he's ALWAYS in the lot chilling for a good 45 minutes to an hour before he has to go in. "Better to be early and sit here and have time for "go shit I forgot..." or "ugh fucking construction/wreck traffic" than to be late and make others late."
When he's off, the other LOG key carrier(BR) roles up 2-3 minutes before regular TM shift starts, usually because I've called and woken his ass up.
LOG ETL- earliest regular TM scheduled is me at 3:30 and if she has to open because Flow and BR TLs are off the same day, she pulls into the lot at 3:30. Bugs the fuck out of me.

Punch corrections, how we got it fixed at my store. When they have to pay people to wait at the door it makes STL's not happy.. And before you leave just make sure you get your face on camera so that is time stamped that you were there..

I was finally let in at 6:45am...did I mention it was a FDC truck day with two flow team out of five left to work it? Yeah, pulls will not be pleasant tomorrow.

We had kinda the opposite problem. A SrTL loved to power trip by making the closing team wait to be let out every night. The first time a new TL had to wait over 20 minutes to be let out with us he was furious. He told everyone to do a punch correction the next day for the time we waited. 20 minutes was about average, but often we waited longer. After we all did those punch corrections that the SrTL started letting let us out on time.

if you waited that long then you should be getting paid for that... but i would have left a long time ago and took the day off :D (if your ok with not getting the pay for that day besides the time you waited)

this happened to me a couple years ago.. i waited for like a half hour then went home and went back to sleep... they called me around store open at 8am and said sorry and all that stuff and asked me to come in... i then told them in the nicest way possible to "suck it" and ill be in around 10am when i feel like getting out of bed... i went in from 10am to 1230 and got paid for an 8 hour shift!!!... yay me!

it was a good day...

We had kinda the opposite problem. A SrTL loved to power trip by making the closing team wait to be let out every night. The first time a new TL had to wait over 20 minutes to be let out with us he was furious. He told everyone to do a punch correction the next day for the time we waited. 20 minutes was about average, but often we waited longer. After we all did those punch corrections that the SrTL started letting let us out on time.
Our STL and SrTL (had to think.. we're down to one) are both notorious for doing this on their closing LOD shifts. Everyone else is intelligent enough to know that the cart door is locked on the outside and we're adult enough to let ourselves out.

We have the opposite problem in a different way. Our cleaning crew lets TMs in the building. I've talked to the SFT & LODs but it continues. One day we'll get robbed & maybe they'll put a stop to it.

Was working overnight awhile back, closing crew told 1 guy on the walkie he was getting close to compliance and to clock out wait at the door for them. Apparently 10 minutes or so later he got tired of waiting and went out the fire exit. I guess he decided that was last straw because he never came back after that.​

So Joe, the alarm would not go off? This is after the perimeter has been set.

The STL/SrTL wouldn't set the alarm until they leave. The building isn't armed yet when the TMs are waiting.

At my store, they don't make us wait, but we have to use the "buddy system" when exiting the building at/after closing.

They set the alarms as soon as the last guest is out of our store.
So I guess it would not matter if, "Everyone else is intelligent enough to know that the cart door is locked on the outside and we're adult enough to let ourselves out."
I love this forum but I'm always disappointed when I encounter sarcasm and snarkiness.

They set the alarms as soon as the last guest is out of our store.
So I guess it would not matter if, "Everyone else is intelligent enough to know that the cart door is locked on the outside and we're adult enough to let ourselves out."
I love this forum but I'm always disappointed when I encounter sarcasm and snarkiness.

Sorry but sarcasm and snark comes with the territory.
Spot has a way of pounding it into you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back