Archived Wanting to quit because I HATE Target Cafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I started training with Target Cafe for the past week and I absolutely hate it!
I used to work in a donut/coffee shop and I'm used to the rushes and constantly having something to do! At my Target Cafe, it's absolutely boring and is making me very unhappy. When I first applied for Target, I applied specifically for Starbucks. Then, at my interview, they told me that they filled up the position for Starbucks and that Target Cafe was opened. I agreed and then while working and training here at TC, I hate it :( I don't know whether to leave and apply at an actual Starbucks or get a new job because I'm so unhappy. Should I talk to the HR or whoever about this? It's only been a week but I can already tell that this isn't for me :(

Welcome! I would talk to your tl or etl, first.

Right now, my TL currently transferred to another Target and the new TL is at another Target training. I know on my training schedule for Friday, it says "Food Service Chat" with the HR and I guess the main guy who takes care of both SB and TC? Should I bring it up then?

I worked Food Ave for 7 years when things were more hectic. And after seeing FA's get streamlined to just handing out sodas and popcorn. Its not all that busy now.

But don't burn any bridges. Bare it until you find something else.

Being Front End you can always get cashier shifts and get trained for Guest Service. You only have to be in your hiring work center for your initial 90 days. Then you can get cross trained elsewhere in the store.

I would give it another week or so and then talk to your hr/etl. If you do talk to your hr/etl be careful how you word it . Try to come off as upbeat as possible ...Ie instead of saying I hate The café..jsut explain that you would like something that is more of a challenge and or that is more fast pace. You could also ask about cross training to other areas of the store. I wouldn't just quit until I had talked to someone. IF they don't listen to what you have to say or don't try to offer suggestions then take it from there and do what you need to to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back