Archived Warehouse worker to GL/OM???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrywill4

KeithyJay
Sooo I have a question about the requirements to be a GL/OM. What is required? What is the starting pay. If I'm been at the DC for a few years prior to graduation does that help my chances at all? I would really like to pirsue a gl position in the near future

Just a 4-year degree is all I think you need. The pay has always been sorta hush-hush, but rumor is starting salary is somewhere in the 60k ballpark. As for whether being a TM helps your odds in getting promoted, the company has always been weird when it comes to internal promotion of hourly-to-salary. Typically, they'll only do external hires for salaried positions. That being said, I do know of at least one GL in my building that went TM-to-GL, but that individual seems to be the exception rather than the rule, so if you feel up for it, by all means go for it.

OM at my building was an internal hire as well. It happens

it has also occurred in my building although it is rare, they do not like to move you up from the lower ranks as they feel you may be lenient towards former co-workers. the few individuals that have gone from tm to om or gl moved off the floor to an area like HR or tss, or fac ops spent some few years there and then moved into gl or om. they also tend to move you to a different department and key from your original one as well.

it has also occurred in my building although it is rare, they do not like to move you up from the lower ranks as they feel you may be lenient towards former co-workers. the few individuals that have gone from tm to om or gl moved off the floor to an area like HR or tss, or fac ops spent some few years there and then moved into gl or om. they also tend to move you to a different department and key from your original one as well.

What's the pay for those positions?

hr winds up just above top pay for regular team members couldn't give an exact quote but I believe it was mid 20's an hr

Stumbled across a current GL/OM's "bonus calculator" on the computer once. He happened to save his work to the DC public drive, so it was available for anyone to see.

He was in the DC for 5 years at this point. Salary: $73,000. Bonus: $3,000

I've been pipelined, so it must depend on a buildings openness for internal promotion. With that being said, I'll be interested to see how this progresses. I feel like they are more interested than when I tried this at the store

Ive heard that it is easier to get hired externally rather than internally. An sgl told me that to even be considered you need to have other positions under your belt as well; gst, ert, etc...

Ive heard that it is easier to get hired externally rather than internally. An sgl told me that to even be considered you need to have other positions under your belt as well; gst, ert, etc...

That is true at all levels of Target in my experience. Internal promotion is obnoxious.

I would guess that different leadership teams have slightly different criteria for what they want to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back