Archived Was my favorite ETL demoted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I am a lowly team member, but I was wondering if you could answer my question. My favorite ETL of all time was a logistics ETL and they were sent to another store as a hardlines ETL.

Does that mean they were demoted and past up for STL, if logistics is considered tougher than most other ETL roles?

Does a hardlines ETL have less prestige than a logistics ETL?

I am just kinda hoping they transfer back some day, because I don't like the new guy lolz.

Last edited:
Maybe they needed a strong person at that other store. I believe ETL is ETL. Sounds like your guy got a lateral move. I believe ETLs move every 18 like TL do.

If an ETL is STL-bound, they go through 18 mo rotations in different areas so they "know the whole" before advancing to STL.
Sometimes they might do more than one rotation at a store but, more likely, will do rotations at different stores in order to experience different cultures.

This is not considered a demotion. ETLs do not get demoted when they move to other ETL positions, unless they go from Sr.ETL jobs to an ETL job, but this is fairly uncommon.

How long has this ETL been with Target? If they are 4+ years, then there is a good chance they are considered a strong contributer. This means that they will probably never get to the STL role. If they are 1-3 years, it might just be a second or third rotation before going to STL interviews.

My store had a sr etl foods. He was 2nd in charge next to the stl.

Fair enough. I know all of the Sr.'s in my group lost their titles 2 years ago when we started heavy into Pfresh remodels. Interesting to note that there is not a single merchandising ETL in my group. Merchandising directors at the corporate level but not at the store. All groups and regions are different though.

Just depends on the reason. And there are lots of them.

Lots of times Corp and DTLs will reassign an ETL to another store in the event there is significant need for their leadership there. ETLs usually don't have a say so in their transfer.

Sometimes ETLs can be asked to transfer to another store in which they cannot relocated fairly easily. And are later pushed out.

Fair enough. I know all of the Sr.'s in my group lost their titles 2 years ago when we started heavy into Pfresh remodels. Interesting to note that there is not a single merchandising ETL in my group. Merchandising directors at the corporate level but not at the store. All groups and regions are different though.

There are very few of the Sr. ETL roles anymore. It is only for very high volume stores. I don't know that I could give you the exact amount off the top of my head, but the stores in my group that have a Sr.ETL are all over $75 million a year, which is only a handful of stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back