Archived Watching TM's on Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know as team leaders we're not allowed to spy on Team members if we believe they're unionizing. So I guess the same rule applies. Plus, you tend to find out quite quickly who your top performers and slackers are.

There are multiple cameras in the AP office. And many people above the store level have access to stores camera system any time they want. They have "virtual visits" once in awhile.

I gotta say it's pretty fun watching people from camera in a different location ;-). Some of the store layouts definitely make it weird navigating since I'm thinking it's my store.

There are multiple cameras in the AP office. And many people above the store level have access to stores camera system any time they want. They have "virtual visits" once in awhile.

I gotta say it's pretty fun watching people from camera in a different location ;-). Some of the store layouts definitely make it weird navigating since I'm thinking it's my store.

We were told a few years ago that this was possible. APETL said "so don't pick your nose or scratch your butt...lol.

I'm climbing out of my hole for this one real quick. Long story short, it's complicated :wacko:

You can use cameras for stuff that's safety related or stuff like time clock fraud (as stated before). This would fall under the sketchy 'HR Policy' investigation reasons for AP. AP also uses cameras to make sure fitting room attendants are counting merchandise, secure instocks process is being followed, etc., but we don't do documented coachings off of it. There is actually a few parts to the store assessments that require the assessor to review video with AP to make sure store TMs are following BPs.

ETLs/SrTLs/Etc., (aka NON-AP team members) can NOT enter the AP office camera room (at all) without an AP team member present.

There is a camera in all AP offices and it is a 'required' shot (or shotS if you have multiple rooms/offices). Does anyone watch it? Sort of...I do in my store when I know someone has been in my office while me or my team have been off (computer signed on, something moved, etc.,) and our investigator does camera checks about once a month to make sure we are using them wisely. I have had one 'virtual visit' in the 3 years I've been in AP but I heard most of those are for stores that are 'far off' from the district offices to save money on gas and stuff.

Most of this was covered in some of the posts before but there you have it...

Oh for goodness sake, why is 'making sure you're doing your damn job' not 'management' now?

We were told a few years ago that this was possible. APETL said "so don't pick your nose or scratch your butt...lol.

We see EVERYTHING! HA HA

How am I supposed to scratch my ass if I got an itch then? lol

How am I supposed to scratch my ass if I got an itch then? lol

i'm guessing grinding up on the pillars in seasonal, is a bad choice?

We see EVERYTHING! HA HA
No we don't.

We see, small specs of the store that Spot decides is actually worth, wiring up with Cameras. Heck, I've even seen stores, with 60-75% Blind Spots...

Edit -

I know most of you guys are very honest, and I'm sure would never do anything. But I know, someone, probably not so honest will see this post. And, I'll flat out admit it.

There is a ton of opportunity to steal from our stores. Simply put, a ton of Target stores have very weak security, and you could easily rob them blind. But there's always someone, looking over what's happened, after you've escaped, and they'll make sure you get caught.

Last edited:

This is True. Spot Corp loves checking on at certain things..

Almost Forget-

One of our AP Guys, left "Wire Shark" running (some sort of Port monitoring program) on one of the AP computers, and someone from Minneapolis accessed us, like 3 times in a week...

Last edited:
I talked to one of our store's AP team yesterday. He used to work flow and I have known him for 8 years. So, he comes walking through the backroom and we're making small talk. I asked him about this. Just in general. He just smiled. He said the cameras were only to be used for theft deterrence and safety concerns. I was just in the middle of talking to him when he got pulled away. I'll try to finish the conversation today.

One other question ... and I am not trying to start a firestorm about it ... but is this use of the intrernal security an integrity hotline issue? I don't think it is, but a coworker does. Not that anyone has called about it, but if it came to a head, would it be a "callable" issue?

We did have a team member go to our ETL-HR about it. 10 minutes later, the camera watching ETL pulled that TM into his office for a chat. Not sure what happened.

I was also told a few times that only the AP could look at the cameras, and that they couldn't coach you for anything they see on camera (like texting). They have to catch you doing that in person. As far as watching for you 'stealing company time' or even doing unsafe practices I'm not really sure...

"Could" as in physically able to, or "could" as in allowed to? I don't know either, but I've seen regular ETLs watching camera footage from the computer in HRs office.

"Could" as in physically able to, or "could" as in allowed to? I don't know either, but I've seen regular ETLs watching camera footage from the computer in HRs office.
Not possible. Just no. The only place you can get a live feed is the AP office.

Could as in allowed to do so. However, I felt like sometimes they were lying about that? I heard a TL talking to another TM about seeing her on camera texting and whatnot (she wasn't in trouble, the TL was actually telling her to be careful about texting from now on because they had seen her doing it so many times) so...I don't know. Either the AP relayed the info to the TL or the TL actually saw it. At my new store (I transferred here about 2 months ago) I don't even know where the AP office even is, and they have never even talked about the cameras/who gets to view them, etc. So who the heck knows.

We see EVERYTHING! HA HA
No we don't.

We see, small specs of the store that Spot decides is actually worth, wiring up with Cameras. Heck, I've even seen stores, with 60-75% Blind Spots...

Edit -

I know most of you guys are very honest, and I'm sure would never do anything. But I know, someone, probably not so honest will see this post. And, I'll flat out admit it.

There is a ton of opportunity to steal from our stores. Simply put, a ton of Target stores have very weak security, and you could easily rob them blind. But there's always someone, looking over what's happened, after you've escaped, and they'll make sure you get caught.

You're right, we don't see everything. The 60-75% blind spots in stores is just laziness on that stores part as they need to get up and move some cameras around. I have seen stores that have very terrible camera coverage due to the P-fresh remodels, but that was due to stores not actually listing their cameras the correct way. I know in my area, before the remodel, almost all of the stores had amazing coverage. Luckily my store still has great coverage and there's very few areas of the store I cannot see. I do know that I'm one of the lucky ones though and not all stores are like mine.

Same with my store, we have amazing coverage on the floor since we remodeled a few years ago, we got to keep analog and added digital so now we have a crap-ton of cameras and PTZ's, muhahahaha I feel sorry for the some stores especially with front end coverage. haha its silly some of the stores setups I have seen.

The Seasonal Section, Grocery, and Home Goods are the WORST Areas..

Some P-Fresh locations don't even have fake domes over all of the aisles :(

I'll say this though, I was always very impressed by the Police Response we'd get ;) When 4 Cop Cars show up outside your store, I think it says a very good message about not shoplifting.

S5D7Lt2.jpg

I'll say this though, I was always very impressed by the Police Response we'd get ;) When 4 Cop Cars show up outside your store, I think it says a very good message about not shoplifting.

S5D7Lt2.jpg

Oh how I wish I could get a response like that, ha ha. I don't know how many apprehensions I've lost because of a slow response. They're quick when we struggle with a shoplifter who wants to fight though

My store puts it like this:
The AP office should be treated like the CO - only enter when you are required to and never let someone in who does not need to be there.

Oh how I wish I could get a response like that, ha ha. I don't know how many apprehensions I've lost because of a slow response. They're quick when we struggle with a shoplifter who wants to fight though

I've always wondered what goes on in the thief's mind, as there walking out the door, thinking there Free, and they pulled it off, and then all those cop cars pull out of nowhere ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back