Archived "We are all one Team" is flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It (market) is supposed to be 100% independent, if they fail, let them fail. This way they can identify and work out their issues at least.
The process failing doesn't always mean it's a terrible team that requires fixing. Sometimes it means they suddenly got 10 enormous trucks in a row in their department and all the other teams in the store watched and said "Oh well, we aren't giving up our hours to help you," until finally your DTL shows up, looks around, and says "WTF?" (If this sounds like personal experience, it might be.)

The process failing doesn't always mean it's a terrible team that requires fixing. Sometimes it means they suddenly got 10 enormous trucks in a row in their department and all the other teams in the store watched and said "Oh well, we aren't giving up our hours to help you," until finally your DTL shows up, looks around, and says "WTF?" (If this sounds like personal experience, it might be.)
And you mean the ETL's weren't running around like chickens before the DTL got there to make sure market was done?

And you mean the ETL's weren't running around like chickens before the DTL got there to make sure market was done?
Market, Softllines and whatever other "workcenter" is in the "crapshit" at the time of said visit for a particular store!!

Question.. do you know if your grocery team has been getting additional hours? Because until mytime updates, mytime can't tell the difference between ANY pull/ backstock.. when mytime came out it gave all those hours to the back room. Backroom is responsible for cafs/pogs/research/spls/etc until your end to end team rolls out, and when mytime updates which is suppose to be this week.

They have been testing out end to end teams for YEARS, and it's literally modeled after a grocery store. I have faith that their goal is to not have us fail.

As long as those hours are paid back, and if it is that bad... In Spades.

We can't let market fail because their scores still affect the whole backroom score. If market has a ton of errors, unpulled cafs and such backroom takes the blame
Isn't basically every backroom metric disappearing/being changed to account for every department being on its own?

Question.. do you know if your grocery team has been getting additional hours? Because until mytime updates, mytime can't tell the difference between ANY pull/ backstock.. when mytime came out it gave all those hours to the back room. Backroom is responsible for cafs/pogs/research/spls/etc until your end to end team rolls out, and when mytime updates which is suppose to be this week.

They have been testing out end to end teams for YEARS, and it's literally modeled after a grocery store. I have faith that their goal is to not have us fail.

Their answer is yes, it can project the workload but I still say that it is not accurate for multiple reasons. First, the RDC system is no where near good enough to project this type of workload/freight. They project a bunch of trailers, get to the week and might realize they aren't able to fill one, and just throw crap into it. I have seen trailers FILLED with paper or plastics because it was obvious they didn't want to send a 800 piece trailer. This means our stockrooms get loaded up (when it should be more truck to shelf) and I doubt Target projects this in its forecasting. For example, the weeks leading up to Easter will take food freight way too early (and those aisles in the backroom get full) and we spend weeks with large autofills replenishing our floor trying to get it to breathe back down.

Second, and honestly the biggest problem, is that the total payroll a store receives appears to remain unchanged despite their promises. I have seen stores who ran efficient all year (meaning they are not getting enough payroll for the total workload they have), and their payroll is continually getting reduced month to month despite being promised to see increases. If your store should (according to workload projections) be getting 4500 hours in a week, and HQ gives the store 4000... it doesn't matter how many cartons this fancy MyTime system is projecting because it will be forced to reduce all workcenters.

It was softlines, so no. The unworked racks, carts and pallets were scattered to all corners of the backroom by said ETLs to make space for everyone else's stuff and stayed there until someone put it all together in one place and panic ensued. Market at least gets the occasional reluctant support from flow still at my store, probably because of the overlap in location of dry market and their areas in the BR.

Welcome to end to end! I agree with backroom folks hanging out in the backroom. Salesfloor folks need to focus on Ge, research, exfs, & pushing stuff. If done correctly, by all teams except flow folks, we can meet goals. Flow & backroom should be pushing products stuff only.
The biggest weaknesses are lack of equipment & good training.
We need to beat Amazon, not Wally World.
Spot's future depends on it.
Thats the goal. The problem is people. I though my essentials team would work with me , ie share the load (this is all flow people some who came it and have never worked like but still...) Nah. They just want to do their valley and thats it. 3 times I was hard pushed to clock out before I could finish my department, so I left the backstock on a tub. maybe 20 items.

Come back after two days later tub is still setting there. I was told by Essential TL and LOD (different person) who happened to be back there that I needed to inform LOD or ETL of this before I leave, not ask them. TL did approach them about why it was there. They said 'We already do too much of his work?'

I said, 'What work, I'm the one that helps them. You know this.' He said he knew who was doing what. So because of the orientation pof my store and the fact pets is closer to grocery than HBA etc I might as well be alone.

Corporate has dismantled the last thing we had going for us. The team. It worked in most stores. Corporate wants a fail. They bail with golden parachutes. Cynical but what?
Nah, they believe they can turn a dept store into a online distribution system with stores for pickup and spot purchase. It won't happen. If it could, don't you think Amazon stores would exist in other places beside SEattle.

Nah, they believe they can turn a dept store into a online distribution system with stores for pickup and spot purchase. It won't happen. If it could, don't you think Amazon stores would exist in other places beside SEattle.

If Amazon had started as a brick and mortar retailer first you would likely have seen more. Its not that a store doubling as an online distribution center is the prime model, its just the best option given what we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back