Archived We don't sort repacks now?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wasn't the whole point of this new process is to have a longer more detail oriented " live unload "?! Now we're basically throwing anything on any empty vehicle we have, and the higher ups said we don't sort repacks anymore, I just love how this whole thing has just melted down.

The thing that's great is that they still expect GM members to get a repack done in 10 minutes. Don't know if this is a corporate-wide thing, or just my store? I'm usually the one that sorts the repacks during and after the unload, it usually takes me about 20- 30minutes after the unload. I was gone for 3 days, and I heard that team leads had to do it and they were stressing out about it.

So I don't know if it was just team leads making a new policy so they don't have to do extra work ,or if it actually was a corporate policy? All I got to say is, God have mercy on the souls that have to work those unsorted repacks!

The only repacks that get sorted at my store are the combos. Makes me feel bad for our kitchen DBO because those are truly awful.

But I'm not sure if it's a corporate decision. It's been months since they've implemented the whole "only sort combos." I also suspect it's because the unload would just take longer.

Domestic repacks : bedding, bath, candles, picture frames & lamp, hipa, plastics. And for some unknown reason when one spot tends to reset, all the new transition gets put in that repack as well.

Housewares rapacks: housewares, pets, as seen on TV/ sporting goods

H&B rapacks: health and beauty

Toys repacks: toys

Sporting Goods repacks: sporting goods, seasonal items

Office&Notions repacks: Office, notions/ party, one spot

Do really the higher-ups have any idea how long it takes to work these repacks on the floor ,when they're not sorted!

I’ve been at target since last May and I only ever work SFS. Last weekend sfs was shut off so they had me push, which I had only ever done the night of my orientation. It was a uboat of 12 repack boxes of hba and it didn’t seem to be sorted at all. The boxes had stuff from all over. (There were even a few things that went in toys and sporting goods) It was beyond frustrating and took forever.

Nothing is sorted. My coworker and I pushed two pallets, not uboats, of repacks today that had been lingering around for over a week. Toys, kitchen, beauty, hba, Rx, etc. Took 16 hours.

Easy work though. No pressure to get it done fast since no one is getting their work done either.

We don't sort are repacks any more either. We put them on uboats and just work them. I have done mostly all the repacks in every section. Some are easier than others. I think I'm pretty fast because I have been with the store for awhile. But if we get new TMs it will take some time.

So for clarification: are you saying the repacks all end up in one place in receiving instead of separated out onto their respective area's vehicles? Or are you saying what's in the repacks isn't sorted?

All of our repacks are sorted onto that area's vehicles. We keep up on all repacks except for HBA. Way too many for anyone too handle so our shelves just sit mostly empty all the time while the mountainous pallet of HBA repacks in back grows more and more.

Domestics repacks are easy to sort if you can grab a tiered cart- bedding on bottom, bath in the middle, and split the top between HIPA/H&H/frames/candles. I can get at least 12-15 repacks done in less than an hour this way. I can't speak to other areas as I haven't worked those repacks since Modernization.

If all your repacks are dumped into one place, wouldn't it be a matter of grabbing all of the same number at once onto a uboat to work out to make it easier? Or split it, one number on top another below? Would cut down on zigzagging the store a bit. Just an idea, I get that some leadership can be.....obtuse about efficiency and it may not be possible.

So for clarification: are you saying the repacks all end up in one place in receiving instead of separated out onto their respective area's vehicles? Or are you saying what's in the repacks isn't sorted?

All of our repacks are sorted onto that area's vehicles. We keep up on all repacks except for HBA. Way too many for anyone too handle so our shelves just sit mostly empty all the time while the mountainous pallet of HBA repacks in back grows more and more.

Domestics repacks are easy to sort if you can grab a tiered cart- bedding on bottom, bath in the middle, and split the top between HIPA/H&H/frames/candles. I can get at least 12-15 repacks done in less than an hour this way. I can't speak to other areas as I haven't worked those repacks since Modernization.

If all your repacks are dumped into one place, wouldn't it be a matter of grabbing all of the same number at once onto a uboat to work out to make it easier? Or split it, one number on top another below? Would cut down on zigzagging the store a bit. Just an idea, I get that some leadership can be.....obtuse about efficiency and it may not be possible.

:oops:

Nope, no sorting for us, aside from putting them on the respective vehicles in back. They made our DC start sending the boxes better sorted by aisle or type of product.

We sort all repacks except the HBA and Cosmetic repacks. Boys/Girls/Infants/Women's shoes are removed from the repacks on the line because those shoes are not integrated into those softlines areas. The extra time we take in back during/after the unload for the others really seems to make a big difference for the DBO's that push the sorted repacks.

live unload
This , I don’t think you meant what you say . Live unload means you are having a double or triple.
So wasn't the whole point of this new process is to have a longer
No . You still get score for the lead in time
more detail oriented
And yes we still sort repacks and combos off the truck and shouldn’t take longer than maybe extra 15 minutes for the truck to be done .
Now if you are milking a truck for 2 and half -4 hours then your line sucks .

This , I don’t think you meant what you say . Live unload means you are having a double or triple.

No . You still get score for the lead in time

And yes we still sort repacks and combos off the truck and shouldn’t take longer than maybe extra 15 minutes for the truck to be done .

Our line sucks. But modernization makes sure of that.

We don't sort repacks anymore as they come in already sorted. Toys, bedding, seasonal, one spot, hba, stationary, sporting goods etc all come in there own boxes with there own numbers so we just put on the appropriate cart. Maybe we are a test store or something. Been coming in this way since spring.

and how many Inbound Experts do you have in your line?

That's my question. We have five at best on the line, with a couple people in the truck and no sorting ever takes place. Everyone just gets yelled at to go faster.

My two favorite questions. One asked to the person directly .... how much did you get done? Implying that there's always more to do and nothing ever gets finished anymore. The other behind the person's back: What did they do? Implying enough didn't get done.

Must get your freight from the mn dc which I believe is 551.
I have no idea which one we get it from. But I'm glad they're doing it because the repacks really used to be a mess. Now at least they make a little sense.

Maybe things have changed in the last couple of months? (Very well could, considering how things change so often during some stretches!) When I was on the unload line, I was the lucky duck handling many of the repacks. Stationery and electronics were taken off at the beginning and placed on their vehicles. Same for domestics. The stationery and electronics TMs sort them later or just push directly from the boxes. The TM who pushes domestics unpacks and sorts onto a u-boat, pushes from that and takes a few trips to get it all done.
I sorted the kitchen/pets and combos, put the sorted repacks onto their vehicles (kitchen, pets, toys, seasonal, sporting goods) and grocery took their repacks. Threw beauty and health care onto those vehicles (no sorting done then - those TMs sort their own repacks). Took shoe boxes out of apparel repacks (why can our DC not keep shoes separate from clothing?). Mom & Baby stuff will be in there too; A&A TMs sort it all out.
When I was on the line again just recently filling in for a vacationing TM, I noticed that some 4s were already on the kitchen vehicle, but there were still things for pets in there. I fixed it, but maybe that's just how they're doing it now. Sucks for whoever pushes kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back