Weird pricing

Ringwraith917

Professional Badass
I really wonder sometimes what the people/program responsible for setting prices are thinking. A certain color or pattern of an item will be a different price sometimes. Not on clearance, just the base price is different.

Today's example, men's bike costs $80 more. The base price is currently $20 more. 20191216_084202.jpg

And, naturally, if the women's bike cost more, everyone would throw a fit.
Probably not, but it could happen. A while back there were 2 dolls, same line. The light colored one was on sale, the dark colored one wasn't. That seemed like fuel for a protest. I did mention it to the TL. Nothing changed but I did my part to cover my a$$.

The pricing system IS really bad actually. When they re-use DPCI's they often forget to reset the price, and thus the item is the price of the item before it. So many 65 inch tv's people get for like 100 dollars and beats for 50. All our Anker cables are marked as salvage even though they are brand new items. Like seriously what is their problem? How hard is it to make it so the price HAS to be reset when you re-use a DPCI?

The bikes have the same description, but they’re actually different bikes- not just different color schemes. The men’s frame doesn’t have a dip before the seat post, and is actually a quite bit lighter than the women’s as well. Heaving the white one/cruisers up to the top rack is the bane of my existence, the men’s bikes are almost always significantly lighter. There are other small differences as well if I recall correctly, but those are the few that jump right out at me

At my store, there's been some strange pricing on the Market Pantry pasta. Different kinds will be priced differently for no apparent reason. The prices will also change by 10-20 cents every few weeks, and at one point all but 2 varieties of the 1 pound boxes increased in price to the same as the 2 pound boxes (which never change in price), which made them 20 cents more than 1 pound of name brand pasta!

This is what happens when detail-oriented stuff like this is outsourced and no one proofreads. While putting up ad yesterday, I had a sign for something in the vitamin aisle that said it was for something else in the digestive care aisle. At first, I figured it somehow got in the wrong pile. Upon closer examination, everything including the DPCI matched the product, except for the verbiage. Another sign for one of the DNA testing kits had everything matching, except the description was for hair color. Original and sale prices were correct, so I crossed out the wrong words and wrote in the right ones. Looks unprofessional, but at least the signage is posted. I hate it when someone else makes me look stupid.

It could be that the women's bike is going to go clearance soon so they've put it on sale to try to clear out inventory first. Happens a lot.

It’s as simple as clearing inventory for poor selling items, if you go on target.com, you’ll find that same men’s bike on sale for $149 in different styles.

This is what happens when detail-oriented stuff like this is outsourced and no one proofreads. While putting up ad yesterday, I had a sign for something in the vitamin aisle that said it was for something else in the digestive care aisle. At first, I figured it somehow got in the wrong pile. Upon closer examination, everything including the DPCI matched the product, except for the verbiage. Another sign for one of the DNA testing kits had everything matching, except the description was for hair color. Original and sale prices were correct, so I crossed out the wrong words and wrote in the right ones. Looks unprofessional, but at least the signage is posted. I hate it when someone else makes me look stupid.

:Nods: Same thing in my area except I tossed the sign.

: shrug :

If you notice something that seems really off you can mysupport it. a while back MP jelly was MORE expensive than welch's (same size), I mysupported and they fixed it.
Yes. I happened to notice that a double pack of denture adhesive cost MORE than two single packages of the same product. The tubes in all the boxes were the same number of ounces. It was enough of a price difference that any guest paying any attention at all would notice it and buy two single tubes. Brought it the attention of my TL who My Supported it and it eventually got fixed. Took a while though.
Also, not a typo thing, but I noticed recently that when Crest redesigned packaging, the new boxes were slightly larger than the old ones, but the ounces in the tube inside the box were FEWER. So it appeared that the buyer was getting more product when they were actually getting less. And wouldn't you know, even though I kept putting those older, smaller boxes at the front, guests left them there and took product from behind. So I finally bought those couple of unwanted boxes myself when there was a "buy 4, get a free $5 gift card." Bought those plus a couple other things I'll use anyway, got that $5 gift card. Guests should pay more attention.

For a good 2 weeks, Market Pantry club soda was prompting for an ID like alcohol back in like June/July 2019. We all had a great laugh at SCO.

There's a feminine hygiene product that comes in packs of 20 and 60. Buying three twenty count packs is cheaper than buying one sixty count. I always do the math when shopping!

I just looked up the price on the Target app, far enough from a store to get the Target.com price. The women's bike in two colors is on sale for the $149, but regular price is $229. Two of the three men's color are on sale for $149, the last color is not on sale, regular price $229.

For a good 2 weeks, Market Pantry club soda was prompting for an ID like alcohol back in like June/July 2019. We all had a great laugh at SCO.
Yeah for a hot sec when we had that tropical/tiki party front end set, the alcohol-free mixer prompted for ID.
Guests always find that hilarious.

There's a feminine hygiene product that comes in packs of 20 and 60. Buying three twenty count packs is cheaper than buying one sixty count. I always do the math when shopping!
MySupport it w/ DPCI numbers! May take a bit but they will correct it.

The pricing system IS really bad actually. When they re-use DPCI's they often forget to reset the price, and thus the item is the price of the item before it. So many 65 inch tv's people get for like 100 dollars and beats for 50. All our Anker cables are marked as salvage even though they are brand new items. Like seriously what is their problem? How hard is it to make it so the price HAS to be reset when you re-use a DPCI?
So obnoxious. Eventually gets fixed if you’re current on price change labels but setting a pog with poorly reused DPCIs is just double work. If the deals are good I’ll buy some stuff. We had these sheets that were set at 2.98 when the rest of the colors were 11.99. I mysupport it but look almost 6 months to fix. We kept getting replenishment but that’s what they rang in at the register so a couple guests caught on and would buy them whenever we got them in.

So obnoxious. Eventually gets fixed if you’re current on price change labels but setting a pog with poorly reused DPCIs is just double work. If the deals are good I’ll buy some stuff. We had these sheets that were set at 2.98 when the rest of the colors were 11.99. I mysupport it but look almost 6 months to fix. We kept getting replenishment but that’s what they rang in at the register so a couple guests caught on and would buy them whenever we got them in.
Isn’t there a hashtag for high priority issues? IIRC I remember there was a weekly ad pricing issue a while ago and they were able to fix that week after I reported, but maybe they just acted fast, I can’t remember if I did anything special

Isn’t there a hashtag for high priority issues? IIRC I remember there was a weekly ad pricing issue a while ago and they were able to fix that week after I reported, but maybe they just acted fast, I can’t remember if I did anything special
Small format pogs are all hand made and every pog we get sets at least one item with clearance. We have a much high turnover over rate and clearance things in different cycles. Nothing we do for pog/pricing follows the chain so nothing is automated and tons of human error. The sheets got fixed recently quick but then they did a revision a couple weeks later and it reset again.

Back