Archived Weird Ship to Store Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

checklane01

ap gang ;)
I had a very odd Ship to Store situation happen the other day.

This lady ordered a table from Target.com and had it shipped to the store. She was given a range of when it should arrive, she came in the store and asked if it was there because it was a day later than the latest day it should've been delivered. The order didn't show up in MyGo. Then she told me she called Guest Relations and they told her it was delivered to the store on the 3rd, and it was the 11th. Meaning that the item was already returned stock because it was past the 7 day pickup window. I found the table in the back and brought it up for her, just to learn she didn't even want it anymore. I then called Target.com to ask them if she would be charged for the item, knowing she most likely wouldn't be but just making sure. Anyway, I waited on hold for over 30 minutes for the TM to tell me she wouldn't be charged for the item, but no information regarding what happened with the tracking/processing of the order. So basically the item was delivered, processed for pickup, and held for a whole week and the guest never received any notification that the item was ready for pickup. I checked the order page on Target.com with her and it still said it was in the process of being shipped to the store.

Have any of you ever had an issue like this before?

There's a possibility the item was never actually received in the system. Could be it got checked in the back but never made it up to the front to be received in the PDA. Once the item is received in the PDA or Zebra and put in a hold location it will make it to myGO. If there is absolutely zero record of the order in myGO it was never received by the TM. STS orders will not appear at all until they are received (unlike OPU orders that appear with a gray stripe if they are there but not fulfilled). At this late hour I hope that may shed some light on your question.

There's a possibility the item was never actually received in the system. Could be it got checked in the back but never made it up to the front to be received in the PDA. Once the item is received in the PDA or Zebra and put in a hold location it will make it to myGO. If there is absolutely zero record of the order in myGO it was never received by the TM. STS orders will not appear at all until they are received (unlike OPU orders that appear with a gray stripe if they are there but not fulfilled). At this late hour I hope that may shed some light on your question.
Definitely possible. But it was an "online only" item so it must have been in the RTS batch, that's really the only way it could've ended up getting backstocked. Right?

We noticed a bunch of goofiness in the STS/RTS system this year. We also had one seasonal TM who proved his uselessness by not processing STS orders properly. We had stuff that came in the door but was never picked up or went RTS and we could not find any record of it being processed as received. Thanks asshole so glad you NCNS'd your ass out the door.

We have always pulled orders that we knew were over the pick up window but we now as a requirement date each order(via printed sticker or post it note) if it sits for over two weeks in hold, it gets pulled as RTS being it comes up in an RTS batch or not.

I also wish we could get guest services when they take in STH returns that they black out the shipping label so when the furniture pieces end up in the backroom as backstock we don't freak out about a possible order sitting in a very very wrong place. Cause with so many people with their hands in the process we can't be sure if it was packed and never shipped or mis delivered from UPS and it came to us and should have gone to the guests house. Cause some of these boxes are not even opened and taped back shut.

Last edited:
We have always pulled orders that we knew were over the pick up window but we now as a requirement date each order(via printed sticker or post it note) if it sits for over two weeks in hold, it gets pulled as RTS being it comes up in an RTS batch or not.
That’s wrong to do , just because it’s been 2 weeks doesn’t mean it will be returned to stock . With sts I had items for almost 30 day when I called against to remind her about her order . At the 30 day mark I canceled the order myself

STS orders do not follow the routine RTS process. It sill only drop into a RTS batch at the 31st day. Unknown to the guest they are given additional time to pick up the order. HQ knows that the majority of STS orders are for stuff not carried in store - instead of repackaged stickers or defecting it out they are given more time to pick it up

That’s wrong to do , just because it’s been 2 weeks doesn’t mean it will be returned to stock . With sts I had items for almost 30 day when I called against to remind her about her order . At the 30 day mark I canceled the order myself

Not my call on the time frame.. I agree with it though, if it sits for two weeks odds are they ain't coming to get it.

STS orders do not follow the routine RTS process. It sill only drop into a RTS batch at the 31st day. Unknown to the guest they are given additional time to pick up the order. HQ knows that the majority of STS orders are for stuff not carried in store - instead of repackaged stickers or defecting it out they are given more time to pick it up
I notice the issues with that went away when they moved Epick and added RTS to the mydevice. All STS should fall into RTS a week after being received and placed into a hold location. I haven’t had an issue since the move to the mydevice.

I also wish we could get guest services when they take in STH returns that they black out the shipping label so when the furniture pieces end up in the backroom as backstock we don't freak out about a possible order sitting in a very very wrong place. Cause with so many people with their hands in the process we can't be sure if it was packed and never shipped or mis delivered from UPS and it came to us and should have gone to the guests house. Cause some of these boxes are not even opened and taped back shut.

For paragraph one, you should instead follow the process for auditing RTS. It's on the OPU page on workbench.

For paragraph two, that's kind of a major issue. That's literally guest information. The stickers (and there's generally more than one) should be removed before leaving the SD. If they're just blacked out, you can still see the address if you try. I would be po'd if my info was put out there like that.

Not removing those shipping stickers is absolutely an actionable offense in my store. Even if the GSTM is sending the return straight to salvage.

For paragraph one, you should instead follow the process for auditing RTS. It's on the OPU page on workbench.

For paragraph two, that's kind of a major issue. That's literally guest information. The stickers (and there's generally more than one) should be removed before leaving the SD. If they're just blacked out, you can still see the address if you try. I would be po'd if my info was put out there like that.
My sister once returned a damaged barstool that had a shipping label with her name, address, etc., and some idiot at guest services put it in reshop instead of damaging it out. I found it on the shelf and was mortified 🙄

For the RTS, its not my time frame, ETL's made that call not me, I agree with it though.. I work the RTS batches in the mornings.

I completely agree those shipping labels should be taken off, but again I am not guest services so that is out of STS/OPU/SFS TM's control. I carry a sharpie to at least black out ones I find on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back