Archived Weird things at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store, we have a large group of oldsters who walk the racetrack every morning. There was a mall nearby. It was torn down about 7 years ago. So, the people who used to walk there now walk at our store. The number varies according to the day and weather. Usually between 30 and 40 people. They are there at 8am waiting like a mob at the door.

We even have people who walk earlier, I mean like 5am, in the parking lot.

All of this was approved by the STL years ago. She said as long as they all walk in the same direction and don't walk in the aisles.

It does make the store seem really busy in the morning.

They are so funny because after they walk, food ave is packed. You have to be on your toes to make all that coffee!

The funniest thing is that they have their Christmas party in our training and break room. They all bring in food for themselves and the team members.

It's all very friendly cause you see them every day. I said we ought to give them reshop.

We even have nicknames for them. One of the women has a bum eye and wears a patch. We call her the pirate walker. I almost LOL'ed the first time she asked me for one of those eye vitamins -preservision or I-caps. I thought ... a little late isn't.

Any other weird things at other stores?

Last edited:
That is really funny! That's a lot of people to be walking in a group. I agree - give them abandon! haha

That's really cool ;) sounds like your store has a really good tm/guest culture

I LOVE it! Reminds me of the guest culture all Targets used to have. I wanna work at your store!!!

The parking lot to one my stores was crammed full of teenagers and 20yo's trying to show off their tricked out trucks and cars at night. That lasted a few years until the kids started racing on the main streets, and the neighboring businesses complained about beer bottle trash.

My Food Ave used to have breakfast regulars everyday I mean EVERYDAY.

The Hot Wheel collectors will ready to rush in the front doors every truck day.

Your store may get community credits for letting the walkers come to your store. Plus, it's a safe place & it does drive sales.

My store has the usual collectors: 65 year old biker types that think everything they say is hilarious, and treat shopping for hot wheels like it's a tedious boring thing that they have to do every day, even though they don't, they just have nothing better to do ever since they got fired from whatever sawmill or smeltery they used to not work at.

In all fairness, they do buy our steaks when I put coupons on them in the morning.

Last edited:
My store has the usual collectors: 65 year old biker types that think everything they say is hilarious, and treat shopping for hot wheels like it's a tedious boring thing that they have to do every day, even though they don't, they just have nothing better to do ever since they got fired from whatever sawmill or smeltery they used to not work at.

In all fairness, they do buy our steaks when I put coupons on them in the morning.

The shortage of cowbell in this thread was beginning to concern me.

You always need more cowbell.

Needs-More-Cowbell.jpg

glad to see my store isn't the only one plagued by the hotwheels collectors. I always make them squirm by letting them know our sft shops hotwheels everyday looking for the right ones to his collection...then I ask all confused "I guess some of them are worth quite a lot of money huh?" Oh the excuses they come up with to throw me off their trail.

but yeah, it gets old when the same person wants to know every truck day "how much longer til toys is pushed?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back