Archived Well-Being Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

garbage

Former TPS/Current Security at major grocery chain
What actually takes place at the Well-Being event at Target? I was thinking of attending it this year.

I assume it's the biometric screening. You get a finger prick blood test and your waist measured. If you have insurance, you earn extra money in your account.

At my store they have a couple nurses come in. They set up in the training room ( which at my store s in the same room as the break room only a folding curtain wall type thing separates them) So, you go in there they weigh you, take your blood , waist measurement etc. The last couple of years at my store one nurse would weight you then would say out loud to the other nurse your weight o she could write it down. Hmm no. I no longer do it at work. (You can get it done at your doctors office as part of your yearly physical) . . Every year I ask why they cant use the stls office or some other empty office ( we have a couple) that is more private. Target expects us to safe guard their info ...in matter of fact had to listen to a whole speech about it and sign off that I listened to it . So, they should do the same for my info. I am not saying this is how its done at all stores but its how its don't at mine and as been for as long they have been doing .

Last edited:
Wow. We always do it in the conference room. There may be others in there, but the nurses always write down the info, then show it without saying any of the numbers. One year, I had to get stuck 3 times because the machine kept malfunctioning.

Ditto here.
They weren't allowed to say anything out aloud; just recorded it onto a card we could take with us & enter when we did the health survey on-line.

Nurses do a free biometric screening for your that earns you HRA/HSA $$. You have to have insurance through Target to participate. The process takes about 10 minutes. I get my screenings done at my check ups so I did not participate this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back