Archived well figure i may as well ask you store team members this to....

Status
Not open for further replies.
so who else here cleaned up on the holiday week overtime? I got approved for 3 days over and ended up putting in 32 hours of sweet overtime! I'm figuring that should give me a real good take home check this week!

haven't seen OT in a long time. Nobody else in my store has either from what I heard. .. except the .. well friends of the managment. but it's been a while for them as well.

well i know things are different (better?) for us distribution team members, on the plus side this last week will finally put me over 250 hours over this year

No OT approved at my store for anyone, I got 4 hours of OT this year and that was due to running 5 people's jobs during the remodel.

The only recent OT I received previous to that was back in 2009 when our store had a minor disaster and had to close for the day, they billed the OT to the insurance company so it was approved for 1 day.

no ot at our store under any circumstance,I have a grand total of 45 mins year to date,surprised that I did not get coached for that,nobody gets scheduled for 40 with us.

From what I saw on the schedule the TLs were scheduled for a couple hours of OT this week, no OT for TMs. I've been getting 32-35 hrs/week, at least it's better than the 15-20 hrs/week I was getting in September and October.

wow that defiantly illustrates the differences between a DC and a store. For us any time worked past your normal key schedule during a paid holiday week is overtime, then the holiday it's self you bank your average hours of extra vacation. I know there is at least 2 people at our DC that are killing TGT on the OT, they go all year working there normal B key of 40 hours a week and then get approved for 2 extra 12's every week we don't flex down.

Because of the sudden (& I mean drop-like-a-rock) calm, our leadership went through the store cutting hrs ASAP.
No OT for us.

just like our government, they need to cut the "Fat" first, but they won't. There are days with 90% of them there, but none of them answers a back up call or an indyme, but you can hear them on the walking calling for the 4 Team Members that are actually there, to run their little behinds off on the SF while they are in TMC chit chatting about the weekend. :angry3:

just like our government, they need to cut the "Fat" first, but they won't. There are days with 90% of them there, but none of them answers a back up call or an indyme, but you can hear them on the walking calling for the 4 Team Members that are actually there, to run their little behinds off on the SF while they are in TMC chit chatting about the weekend. :angry3:

Such is the life of an ETL..

so who else here cleaned up on the holiday week overtime? I got approved for 3 days over and ended up putting in 32 hours of sweet overtime! I'm figuring that should give me a real good take home check this week!

Since I work in Logistics, I get some OT if I want it at this time of the year. I could have gotten some OT today because our store went over our projected Black Friday sales projection by $95,000 and we needed to get the store ready for "Black Saturday." I am on a 10-day stretch and didn't want to kill myself, so I left after my scheduled shift was over. I came in on my two off days this week and worked 8 hours both days.

I always work the holidays because it is premium pay. In the old days I would get 10-15 hours OT a week and I was "rolling in the dough," but nowdays stores are watching the amount of OT "like a hawk." Since I am a veteran TM and former team lead, I can get some OT, but I frankly don't want it!

Last edited:
Just as I was about the leave today,I was offered o.t. which I declined as I had plans,I can not remember the last time this happenen, not in the last 2/3 years at least.

Just as I was about the leave today,I was offered o.t. which I declined as I had plans,I can not remember the last time this happenen, not in the last 2/3 years at least.

I've always loved when they pull this with me. All week long and on the last day, "You need to cut hours so you don't hit OT" "No OT approved" then 10 minutes till I'm ready to start a 3-day weekend "Hey can you stay a few hours late today, you can have some OT"

Nope sorry I made plans based on the entire week of you telling me it's not approved and I can't stay, because miraculously you now have OT approved at the absolute last second.

At my store, only a few TLs and overnight flow/backroom TMs got overtime. And only a little of it. I'm surprised they allowed any OT considering how lean they were with hours for us part-timers (I only got like 22 hours for the whole week - 6.5 for Black Friday).

I have about 20 hours OT for the year. Actually left with 40 hours this past week though... I had a long enough shift on Thurs/Fri, I didn't feel like staying any longer and the store was dead when I left...picked up afterwards though. Missed forecast by a couple thousand.

Checked with the PDA today, we're actually 20% below forecasted hours to date.

At our store all TLs were approved for 2 hours of OT. However, GSTLs are the bottom of the todem pole and do not get told this/don't get scheduled for 40 hours. :\ Screw it, I'd rather have time at home with my family anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back