Archived Well, I'm leaving you all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarZHAYnotTarGET

Former Salesfloor TM
It happened so fast and the circumstances are pretty bizarre.

I interviewed with another company two weeks ago. On Wednesday they got back to me with "sorry, we have selected another candidate." Earlier this afternoon though, they called again and said "we have some good news for you, call us as soon as possible."

They told me "we have a new project, the lead you interviewed with wants you to join his team, and we need you to start as soon as possible. Like, Monday (it's Friday today)."

I started to say that I wanted to give my current employer two weeks notice, but they told me if that was the case, they might have to pass on me due to the urgency of the project.

I recanted, saying that I could start for them, and immediately went to my store to deliver my notice. Since it's not two weeks, I will be listed as not rehireable, but I'd be crazy to pass this opportunity up.

Well, good on you.
Congratulations.

Don't be a stranger, drop by every once in a while and let us know how things are going.

Let us know when you've made your first million!

I'm still working on mine...

Little update: I work in software QA now. I get paid to find the bugs in websites before they go live, and I've actually been doing a lot of work for a company that hosts brand pages on Walmart's website :D. I've only been there about two weeks, but I like it so far. The learning curve took me a couple days to get used to.

There are some things I miss about Target though.
-Getting to walk around the store is basically free exercise. My new job is a desk job, and after being there all day it's tough to motivate myself to go to the gym.
-No more 10% TM discount. While I'm making significantly more than I was at Target, it's still not much for the area where I live (greater San Diego).
-Target has at least a decent 401k (5% matching contributions). My new company has a 401k, with no matching.
-A lot of the other employees here are either shy or workaholics- even saying hi causes some of them to be annoyed.
-I didn't realize how many cute girls I got to work with at Spot :cool:

I always joke with the guests, that I got the job just for the discount.

Give it time. You'll grow to love it. I'm happy things have worked out for you. As far as being a gymaholic, "I don't wanna hear excuses, I wanna see results." In reality, I don't have the time, but I squeeze it in. Either do it right before work, or right after. If you wait, you'll be too relaxed and talk yourself out of it.

Congrats and hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back