Archived What are POGS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My etl asked tonight if I would be interested in learning POGS. In my desperation to not work just as a cashier, I said I would be happy to learn anything that target wanted to teach me. I walked away wondering wtf I just just agreed to? Anyone?

Lol!! Good one! Ha. Maybe I should have asked.... What is POG? I truly don't know what she was talking about.

POG is short for Planogram. The POG/Plano team sets and resets aisles and products as directed by corporate.

It could mean a bunch of different things depending on the context though. Anything from full on joining the POG team to something small like just setting checklane salesplanners.

When I learnt POG for MBT: Setting something to POG is setting it to planogram. On the side of the strips, you can see when a POG was set and if it was set in Standard or Reverse, and how to follow the schematics when using a MyDevice to find an item location. You will definitely need a MyDevice that day. You'll most likely be working with your TL to learn more about items' locations and how to tie POGs so that new item locations can be tied and updated inventory can be reflected appropriately online and on the MyDevices for the store for the merchandise that is put onto to the sales floor. Backroom will help set the line for the products for POGs.

Pog is a little but more complex then that. Full training generally requires a couple weeks of shadowing a team member.

If they aren't having you just set hard line endcaps, then you will probably be asked to come in early in the morning as an extra. I know of nothing happening soon, but every now and then there are huge resets and Pog gets more hours than it has team members. Usually in cases like this, non Pog people are brought in either to help set, or if they have no training then they may be brought in like 2 hours later to be used as push mules (You put back the product we took down PLUS the new product that comes out on pulls).

Just kidding poggies run the store and are the best team in the store. BR is right there too.

In my desperation to not work just as a cashier, I said I would be happy to learn anything that target wanted to teach me.
Working Plano is a great way to learn all the store processes and get away from the horror of ringing. You get to work all over the store, including the backroom, and the work has tangible results so you can often feel you've actually accomplished something in an 8 hour shift.

Plus you accumulate lots of skills that transfer easily to other jobs in the store - printing signs and labels, setting sales planners, pushing, backstocking, pulling, flexing, and you become expert at using MyDevices and PDAs.

Only Pricing and Instocks knows the layout and location of everything in the store better than Plano.

Hours tend to be better than a lot of other jobs too.

Take it as a compliment that your ETL is asking you - doing Plano well involves absorbing a lot of knowledge - they don't ask dummies to do it.

My store is an early set for BTS and I know they're scheduling some salesfloor TM's for it at my store.

This one goes on this dot, this one on that dot...wait how many dots was that? Crap, okay here's this dot ....count 15 dots okay set! Wait this is supposed to fit 5 of these? Woops. Screw it (fills shelf):cool:

Pulling some massive batches for POG team the past couple weeks..sheesh

This is the batch that never ends
It goes on and on my friends
I started pulling it, not knowing what it was
And I'll keep pulling it forever just because
And I'll keep pulling it forever just because..

Pulling some massive batches for POG team the past couple weeks..sheesh

And I'll keep pulling it forever just because..
Welcome to the land of the lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back