Service & Engagement What are the paper things that are mostly the same size that cover the pricetag

No, I was wondering why the piece of paper is there to cover the printed side of the price. When I cashier I have to separate the two pieces to scan the price.

lokinix

Tech After Dark
No, I was wondering why the piece of paper is there to cover the printed side of the price. When I cashier I have to separate the two pieces to scan the price.
I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about price alterting stickers like repackage, online only, etc? The extra barcode will automatically change the price and mark the proper reason in the POS (clearance pricing is for every item, these tags are only for a few items) and then properly take it out of the system. Some items don't always get automatically added to inventory, I am thinking about online only items, or ones that are sold at other stores that get returned to yours, so printing these labels let's the system know you have them.

If you mean on the shelf strip, some people will use blank labels to cover existing prices on a strip, of they aren't putting the exact item based off the POG (ie flexing) and they don't want to destroy the printed shelf strip.

MrT

If your talking about something blocking the barcode on the product it is probably not the correct barcode and might be a bundle so they block the barcode for the individual barcodes so you scan the barcode for the bundle pack. I'm not sure it's hard to tell what you mean