What do you do when you are asked to work outside your work center?

I volunteer for it, no issues whatsoever, so it's all g on my end. I'm a healthy Gen-X'er that enjoys the occasional truck workout. I don't do it every single night, we have our usual throwers, but I'm no slouch when they need me to throw. I'm usually sorting anyway.

The young'uns talked smack at first, then shut up when they realized they can't sort faster than I throw and I end up waiting on them.
Is not just that . Like I said no disrespect .but the tl needs to take care of the throwers and switch them up .
But a 1200 pieces truck in a hour is not good time . And by your post seems like the time is being wasted on the line .

Is not just that . Like I said no disrespect .but the tl needs to take care of the throwers and switch them up .
But a 1200 pieces truck in a hour is not good time . And by your post seems like the time is being wasted on the line .
Who said we don't? I specifically said we had regular throwers. I do 1200'ish, Target standard is 1000? Our regular A Team do 1700'ish an hour IIRC. You're assuming a lot about our store just based on my post relating my experience.

We do well enough that we've been top selling store in the nation for Black Friday week for 2 years running and had the highest single day's sales in the history of the company. Don't worry about us, we' re good.

Last edited:
I meant allnew2.
I don’t know how everyone took this the wrong way all the sudden . I said no disrespect to the op . I didn’t think any less of him throwing the truck . He said 1200 in an hour and all I said seems like the problem os the line .
because I know what’s like throwing the truck I also know how fast people can injured. That’s why I said protecting throwers and switch them up also target standard is to switch every 30 minutes.

Who said we don't? I specifically said we had regular throwers. I do 1200'ish, Target standard is 1000? Our regular A Team do 1700'ish an hour IIRC. You're assuming a lot about our store just based on my post relating my experience.

We do well enough that we've been top selling store in the nation for Black Friday week for 2 years running and had the highest single day's sales in the history of the company. Don't worry about us, we' re good.
You definitely took my answer the wrong way . I said no disrespect and based on what you said I responded is not my fault that you said in your words that the people on the line suck if you throw a 1200 and it takes an hour .Speaking of target standards that was long time ago with 1000 , now 2000 pieces trucks needs to be done in an hour and anything above is an hour and 15min.
I don’t know why you got defensive . You spoke about your experience I answered based on your post

You definitely took my answer the wrong way . I said no disrespect and based on what you said I responded is not my fault that you said in your words that the people on the line suck if you throw a 1200 and it takes an hour .Speaking of target standards that was long time ago with 1000 , now 2000 pieces trucks needs to be done in an hour and anything above is an hour and 15min.
I don’t know why you got defensive . You spoke about your experience I answered based on your post
I didn't say they suck, you're putting words in my mouth again. I throw when needed and not with the A team where the heavier trucks are taken.

Our A team has 1 thrower, 1 facilitator and 4 sorters. Other stores in our district doing similar numbers have multiple throwers and more sorters. We'd rather have the extra sorters/throwers other stores use, pushing and clearing vehicles as they get full. Like I said, we do well with our setup and probably wouldn't work at other stores. I've helped other stores that got backlogged and their line teams definitely aren't as efficient as ours.

Trucks don't "need" to be done in a specific time frame, it's all guidelines. Same as goal times for push. Is that 2000/hour in Workbench where we can verify?

Back