What Do You Do With Painful Feet?

I will not complain whatsoever as I am beyond sure everyone is beaten down at this point, but what do you do at work/at home when your feet literally feel like stepping on rocks barefooted, like it feels when you know you’re ten steps from plantar fasciitis? I have had a slew of feet issues in the past. Any suggestions whatsoever would be highly appreciated!

Cushion insoles are a must. I go through a pair of sneakers about every 6 months. Walk about 10 miles/day at work 👣

Make sure to get shoes with really good arch supports. I started having issues with my feet over the summer and went to a podiatrist. He suggested getting shoes with good arch supports and it really helped. He told me that sometimes it isn't enough to just buy inserts, but instead to get a whole new type of shoes with them built-in.

I like "Walk-Fit" arch inserts. Buy on line, they have 3 heights, low medium and high that snap into the platform. They are as effective as my custom podiatrist fitted inserts, maybe even better at a fraction of the cost. Customs will run about $500. I paid 20 bucks for the Walk-Fits.

There's a store in my area that specializes in footwear for runners, walkers, hikers, etc. They offer consultation appointments where they figure out the best shoe for a person with how they're on their feet. So many people around here say it's definitely worth the time involved (don't think they charge for the appt, but the shoes they sell aren't cheap so they still make money).
If there's a store around you with a similar service, I'd check into it. Otherwise, good shoes (more than one pair as Dream Baby suggests), good socks, good inserts if needed, epsom salt soaks are helpful (plus it just feels good), elevating your feet when home.
Another idea is to check into shoes made for nurses and chefs; these two professions are on their feet all day long, on hard floors, and shoes made for them provide good support and cushioning.

Back