Archived What does it take for a store to close permanently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like my store is a sinking ship and that everything is falling apart. And our sales aren’t enough for any of our problems to be fixed in any meaningful way or for our store to receive any improvement. I don’t want to go into too many details about our situation to not give away my store. Honestly I feel that our problems are so bad that I wouldn’t be surprised if our store shuts down in the next year or two if our store doesn’t improve.

What does it take for corporate to shut a store down permanently?

At my old store, which is now closed, it was all about sales. Most other things can be overcome if your sakes are high enough. My new store has just as much theft if not more, but as a percentage of sales, it's far lower because we do so much more in sales.

Went through a closing in 2016. Message me if you want to know what it’s like, the signs you might close, and the closing and transfer process.

Sales, theft, and profit.

As long as the store is making enough sales to offset the theft, there will be profit. Profit numbers over several years will determine a lot of future things for a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back