Archived What does it take, for a store to qualify for a remodel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardlinesFour

Super Ninja
This is something that has always sorta spiked my curiosity..

Are the higher volume stores, considered more then say a B or A Volume store?

Could it based off how dated the store looks? P97, P99

I'm not sure if anyone actually knows the answer to this, but I'd love to hear anything about it.

it depends on your location & market share. in my district, every store became a p-fresh. then added 3 super t's within 60 mile radius.
(10 plus stores in my district)

They've been putting ours off for several years...as in they schedule it, and then it gets pushed back. Supposedly we will go p-fresh if the remodel goes through. I just wonder if they are waiting to decide if we'll eventually close (though we aren't on the list of February closures).

Market analysis, mature growth YTD, regional strategy and overall budget available for remodels. Target has been going light on new stores and remodels these last few years as they bought into Canada's market and converted all the stores up there. There is deffinately a drive to do more now as resources from that expansion are freed up. All but one store in my district are slated to get a remodel of one sort or another, most going Pfresh. The only reason our one store isn't is due to unique market conditions.

I wish I knew that. My last store was built in 95, and has never been updated except for the big FA transition and bathrooms.

For some reason I thought I had also heard that they shoot to do remodels every 10 years or so. This held true for our store because we got a remodel earlier this year pretty much right at our 10 year mark, but as The Mule said sales growth is also a factor. This makes sense because my store has consistently grown 6% or so every year I have been there.

Is there any sites or anything that tell about remodel changes? that'd be interesting.

We hit out 10-year mark last year, but we haven't had any major remodeling since p-fresh came out in 2009(?). We were right-sized in late 2008, and then not even 6 months later we were of the first districts to get p-fresh in the entire company.

The right-sizing moved around some departments from one part of the store to another, electronics was expanded, market was expanded, and seasonal was totally rearranged. We also got CSE around that time.

Here is T-1427's remodel guide. It's not the playbook, but a general overview of what is done during the pfresh/cse remodel.

http://wlbutler.constructware.com/Public/File/Photo.asp?PhotoType=ScheduleAct&FileID=9150942

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back