What does your grocery have too much of?

Wine
Salad dressing
Pop Tarts
Candy

And @Bosch is right about miss picks.
Plus the caps aren't always getting screwed on tight where liquid hand soap and hand sanitizer is made. I get that the manufacturers are being pushed to crank out those products, but dang, I wish they'd get the caps on all the way.

Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce.... I have no idea why I have the amount that I do, it's absolutely insane. I think I sell like three cans of that stuff every week, and there's like 4 varieties!

Good & Gather almond butter.... guess my store just isn't the market for that kinda stuff lol.

Domino brand sugar.

Marshmallows.

Cooking oil.

Cereal, but not really. Our holding power doesn’t match our current sales so there’s a ton in back stock and huge daily pulls.

Cheez Its
Good and Gather tortilla chips
Good and Gather white vinegar
Market Pantry sparkling water
La Croix
Marshmallows
Tuna
Progresso Beef Pot Roast Vegetable Soup
Campbell's Chunky Beef Barley Soup
Jack Links
Fruit Loops
Sweet Ray's BBQ Sauce

And, of course, what @Bosch said. It is market afterall.

Also PIPO water. So. Much. Water! It's taken over the entirety of where PIPO paper usually goes in the backroom.

Backstock Out of all departments in the store it has the most backstock not even softlines comes close to the amount that is in the backroom. There is so much that the team lead over that department has it stacked pretty high on flats due to no room on the shelves.

I helped push groc one day & there was a crap-ton of Cheezits, canned soup, fruit strips, dry pasta, flavored waters, cereals to beat all.

I must say Target buyer for snacks must be a old timer. Cheez Its used to be order, delivered and stock by the Kellog vendor. The Target buyer was always putting this stuff in the mini seasonal sets and endcaps. Of all the things Keebler made Cheez Its was always coming in. It didn't sell that well back then . At least the vendor was required to issue credits when the mini seasonal would.

I must say Target buyer for snacks must be a old timer. Cheez Its used to be order, delivered and stock by the Kellog vendor. The Target buyer was always putting this stuff in the mini seasonal sets and endcaps. Of all the things Keebler made Cheez Its was always coming in. It didn't sell that well back then . At least the vendor was required to issue credits when the mini seasonal would.

We sell it like it’s half off every day. Maybe regional differences?

Back