What exactly is the dating policy?

I'm going to be blunt and admit I have a big crush on the PMT/PML, and I have before he even had the role. What is the policy for that? I know team members can't date their direct supervisors. There is a couple in my store who the TM got moved to cashier so they could still work in the same store. I'm in softlines so would it be ok? Also, I don't plan on anyone finding out anyway.....

Official policy is anyone that supervises you, direct TL, all ETLs, SD. This also includes HR and AP to avoid favoritism and shortage.
Unofficially, some stores don’t want a supervisor position in the store to date any TM in the store.

Last edited:
If you're in softlines I don't think there would be an issue with you dating the PMT, but be discreet regardless.

The rules around dating people in your chain of command are right and proper things, because either you get preferential treatment because you're dating the boss or everyone will assume you are and what happens if you want to break up with the boss.......and ain't nobody got time for that shit.

This should cover everything.

Could have sworn we had this stickied.

This should cover everything.

Could have sworn we had this stickied.
It was in the I am lost forum. Then got combine with General.

Back