Archived What happens after second interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I applied for a Beauty Team Member position and went through 2 interviews. Both interviews seemed to go well. At the end of the second interview, the person that was interviewing me said that HR would contact me in 48 hours. Is this a bad sign? It’s only been a little over 24 hours since the interview but I’ve read several posts about how people usually get hired on the spot so I was wondering if it was still possible for me to receive an offer.

Hi, I applied for a Beauty Team Member position and went through 2 interviews. Both interviews seemed to go well. At the end of the second interview, the person that was interviewing me said that HR would contact me in 48 hours. Is this a bad sign? It’s only been a little over 24 hours since the interview but I’ve read several posts about how people usually get hired on the spot so I was wondering if it was still possible for me to receive an offer.

Doesn't hurt to call HR and check on your application. I know my store will pass if you aren't set up for a potential 3rd interview or to make a job offer. Look at your availability and the answers you gave then reapply in 6 months. It took me 2 interviews to get hired at Target [over several time spans]

@peachiebun It's definitely a good sign, I'd say. Have you gotten a orientation yet? If not, then they may be setting up one soon.

Target likes to have a group of new team members to give an orientation together.

Calling is not a 'bad' idea, to show that you're interested- but keep in mind, you don't want to seem too pushy neither.

I'd probably wait until the 48 hours is up, before I'd call. But do what you think is best.

Also, good luck! I hope you join the team, soon!

@peachiebun It's definitely a good sign, I'd say. Have you gotten a orientation yet? If not, then they may be setting up one soon.

Target likes to have a group of new team members to give an orientation together.

Calling is not a 'bad' idea, to show that you're interested- but keep in mind, you don't want to seem too pushy neither.

I'd probably wait until the 48 hours is up, before I'd call. But do what you think is best.

Also, good luck! I hope you join the team, soon!
By the sounds of it, they haven’t even signed a job offer form yet, so the orientation thing wouldn’t make sense. But i agree on calling after the 48 hours

It usually takes about 48 hours to get your turn down email. Unless HR is not available, we job offer on the spot. At my store it would mean you did not get the job but every store is different.

They might not have had an HR TM in the store at the time so they’ll call you back to set up your job offer. It doesn’t happen often as they typically try and schedule interviews when they can do an offer but sometimes it happens. I had to go back to target a few times when I got hired. Once for my first, two days later for my second, three days later for the job offer and then finally a week later for orientation. I got hired during this weird none traditional hiring period like now so sometimes it takes a while.

On a less positive note, they could have just said that to get you to go and will never call you back.

Possibly they have more interviews scheduled and want to interview everyone before making a decision or also likely no one from HR was available to make an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back